Occupations | FerrariChat

Occupations

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by kgruidl, Mar 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kgruidl

kgruidl Rookie

Mar 4, 2008
    I am a seventeen year old who will be attending college in San Diego next semester as a business major. As of tomorrow I will be making the final payment (I think) on my 2001 e46 m3, with slightly higher miles. I payed for the car by creating a business with a friend that allowed me a substantially higher income then my piers. By doing this i have managed to get my car payed off before college without any assistance from my parents whatsoever (despite what my schoolmates undoubtedly say behind my back). I am very proud of this fact, but after reading the reported age of many of the f430 owners I became substantially interested in the careers of the Ferrari owners on this site to the point of actually creating an account to ask; what is it that you guys do? I'm sure the majority of owners, especially the young ones, are self employed as that is the most sufficient way to accumulate the amount of money required to purchase (eg: not a finance or lease payment that constitutes a majority of ones monthly income). Though I am very aware of the possibility of sound trite by asking so - what is the net worth or if you must income of owners?

2. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Some of the owners are pretty private about their lives, but I'm sure there are a few out there that would love to chat with ya. You should swing by at some of the events and say hi and meet a few. Welcome to Fchat by the way.

3. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Ok, Im thinking that you are either:

A.) Hooker
    B.) Dope dealer
    C.) Scam artist
    D.) All of the above

:D

4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Welcome to Fchat. :):)

Do a search to find out all those exciting answers and more.....

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    very private question. No one here does the exact same thing to purchase the Ferrari or Rolex, whatever it may be. One thing they do all have in common is dedication, commitment, and excel in whatever they "work on".

Taking pride in your work, doing the best you can, and keeping at it is the common thread.

Find what you love and work HARD. The quick simple fix is not going to cut it.

my humble .02

Antony

6. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Being a business major, you're going to have to write business letters and proposals. Study hard, learn to spell correctly. Nothing turns off a prospect like poor spelling and grammar.

Payed= PAID

There were a few others, but that one stood out :)

7. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    its about the cars on f-chat... and we stay on that topic (HAHA)

AntonyR said it best!

8. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    peers>piers

I cant really say anything, my grammar sucks.
    Antony

9. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Pier = peer stood out as well! :D

10. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Caught that one too I see. That's what made me doubt this guy to begin with. I myself majored in business as well (back in the days) and everyone (easily) got the "F" for incorrect grammar, spelling AND punctuations!

11. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Ken, I really have to work on my grammar and spelling. I have become so lazy with spellcheck and Word. Sounds like you had good teacher!

Antony

12. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    spellcheck can be evil.... but i LOVE it, it teaches me how to spell better. now if i can learn all this . , ( stuff LOL

13. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    LOL! Im' one of guy that Get the "F"! :D

14. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Punctuation's I am OK with. Sentence structure kills me
    noooooo not you! ;)

Antony

15. kgruidl

kgruidl Rookie

Mar 4, 2008
    i apoligize, as i did not realise i was writing the post like an essay that would be graded for grammer. i understand the effort for keeping personal lives offline and should have stated my question in a different manner - are most Ferrari owners self employed?

16. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    #1: Never apologize just because you were humiliated! It makes you look weaker.
    #2: People in general (especially ones that "can afford") dont like the 20 questions. They smell the IRS for some reason. :D
    #3: Just chill out and dont ask too many personal questions. Atleast be subtle about it when asking, dont just blurt it out.

REMEMBER: In life you either have to play the role or be played the role! Let me know when you find out what that means. Now go play! :D

17. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    And most important don't tell anyone that you actually enjoy turning wrenches on your Ferrari, or else some would say that you can't afford one because you work on your own cars.

18. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Yes, that smell of moth ball accountant.

19. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    #19 taber, Mar 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Just giving you a hard time!

Anyway, you can definitely find some answers if you use the search feature.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login