new car, 335i coupe | FerrariChat

new car, 335i coupe

Discussion in 'Florida' started by DiMisa1977, Feb 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    #1 DiMisa1977, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    thanks to robert m, we stole a 335i coupe for me as my new dd. love it!

2008 bmw 335 coupe, prem pkg, sport pkg, ipod, sat radio, titanium slvr, blk dakota leather, and aum trim

love this thing so far, pulls nice and hard, paddles are fast responsive, looking at some after market (but subtle) mods. anyone know active autowerke? they're supposed to have a kit that gives close to 100 HP? is that for rea?

mike p? do you know them?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    congrats JP, very nice car!

3. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Very nice, JP! Congrats on your purchase...or, uh...steal! :D

4. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    nice nice, i like it! ball park, how much was it?

5. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I like it....pics sent btw

6. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    the guys at bmw vista (pompano on federal hwy) are very fair. It also helps when you have owned 8 to 10 bmw's and they have been leased / purchased through the same guys, salesman / manager combo. Unfortunately when I was lookg for a cars there were no programs so I am now in the benz for a couple of cars and 2 deep for my daily driver. Not as sporty as a BMW, but I have a long commute and it is very nice for what it is.

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats JP, I love mine!

Vishnu gets the best numbers. I'd also suggest an OEM aero-lip.

8. PABLOL

PABLOL Rookie

Nov 22, 2004
    Miami FL
    Hartge, the legendary german bmw tuning company has a excellent add-on aerodynamic package, wheels, suspension and exhaust for your 335I. You can see it @ www.hartge.de or www.ggituning.com

9. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Excellent choice JP, congrats! The little black CC with the rumble seat and premium wheels is pretty slick too. :) You've probably beefed up the motor on it!

10. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    workin' on it.

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Fabspeed also just came out with one...

70whp
    120wtq

EEK!

12. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    wow. i love fabspeed. had some of their stuff on my 911 and liked it alot.

so, they just do ECU chip, or do they have an exhaust (hi flow muffler) developed yet?

13. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    Active tuned my current M3 cab, and are awesome people. They're the experts in BMW forced induction, and came out with a really good package for the 335i. They are very generous to local South Florida customers, so ask them to put a package together for you. If you equip your 335 with their entire tuning package it will outrun the new V8 M3 when it arrives. You can probably negotiate the entire package for around $2k. Best bang for the buck I've seen in the BMW tuning world. There are other tuners out there for the 335, but most of them are in California, Active is local and support their products well. To me it always makes sense to use those in your back yard. Plus they're quickly gaining a better reputation than Dinan, so you really can't go wrong.

14. distilledgt

distilledgt Rookie

Mar 5, 2008
    A friend of mine also just purchased a 335i and less then a week later he purchased Procede from Vishnu Tuning (a type of “piggy-back") and believe me, feels like a whole different car. If you look in the forums (e90post) you will realize Vishnu Tuning is the preferred product. The chip costs roughly around $1,300.

15. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    Like I said, it's all about location. Is the Vishnu product any better or worse, than the Active product? As if anyone can genuinely feel the difference of +/-3 HP on a 3000lb vehicle.

Honestly, it's all about personal preference and in our case we happen to have Active in our back yard, so we can have them do the install, troubleshoot, and even provide upgrades to their product quite easily. Vishnu is in California. I guess my preference is obvious. ;)

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Congrats. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.