Dino Restoration | Page 87 | FerrariChat

Dino Restoration

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Feb 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Hey it was great to meet you! You are always welcome to come by.. we enjoy the company.

2. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    a troubleshooter hints section with advice on how to best pull something out as well as how to put it back in would be much appreciated

3. StephenShoubridge

May 28, 2006
    West Sussex UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Shoubridge
    Hi Jon

Whilst you are replacing your brake servo could you look at your heaters for me, it would be much appreciated .

I,m trying to work out my heater route I have two heater boxes like you, but according to the diagram in the book, the 5/8 hose from the engine goes to the water heater valve coming down the right sill.

In your pictures you have got a t piece from the main radiator hose going to the right hand heater box (I think).

If you look at the heater thread ,John,s explained his route which seem to fit what the book says.

Stephen

4. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Maybe I'm a little slow (only 2 cups of coffee this morning), but did you post the web site name?

5. 308328LOVER

308328LOVER Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Lenoir City, TN
    Full Name:
    Thomas Geer
    GSJohnson,

Here you go again,

www.dinorestoration.com

Enjoy !

6. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Looks good so far. More I think of organization, your sequence worked out pretty well. Don't see many places where you could have, or should have, gone another way coming apart or going back together. A table that would be usefull is something like this:
    Fuel tanks out 0001-0020
    Heaters out 0021-0024
    etc.
    Then allow jump to relevent pictures.
    Pictures should be full screen whatever that might be and sharpened for that pixel count. Wide screeen monitors and HDTV standards are something to think of. You will need to add a navigation overlay somewhere or add a dedicated navigation area. 1000 to 1900 pixels wide are now typical. Vertical runs from 700 to 1000 so navigation could be on sides while keeping camera 4 x 3 ratio.
    John

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    1500 photos - wow, lots of hard work documenting it! At first it seems like a lot, but then again when we have been seeing them on a weekly basis it is more easily digested.

I can think of two ways to organize www.dinorestoration.com

1) In the sequence that you performed the work

2) Organized by TAV or subject area.
    I think there will be a big need for Dino guys doing work on a specific area (e.g. suspension, clutch, cooling, etc.) that will want to easily locate your photos as a reference to help them do their work.

I also see that Jeff has reserved a new area on www.dinorestoration.com for the future project, keep up the hard work!

8. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    I am getting a page not found error message from Host Gator?

9. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    dinorestoration.com and the following page should be the only pages working as of now

10. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    #2160 omgjon, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We picked up the Dino from Cavallo Motorsports today after alignment. What a difference. The car handles beautifully. The carpet and seat inserts were not in the order GT parts got today from Italy so we are going a different route. Auto International in Escondido is making the carpet pieces per my patterns and will have in a few days for me. Also going to make the seat inserts for me in the next week..I've been sweating that out because I want to get the car one for Bella Italia. Tomorrow we start our punch list/ A few photos from todays drive.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I am absolutely speechless!!!! What an AMAZING car. It is just breathtaking!!! You should be proud. :)

JIM

12. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Jon:

I hope you can take it to Bella, I bet you win best of show AND fan favorite. Not sure if I'm taking a car yet, but I will be there regardless.

Alberto

13. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I'll be there for sure, not to win anything, just to have a good time checking out all the Ferrari's, Lambos and Italian motorcycles. You NEED to bring your Miura!!! and let everyone hear the music. I'm looking forward to seeing Corbani's well driven Dino, when I saw his blue I knew that was the direction I was going. I have free Dino tee shirts for whoever wants one and free black satin Dino seat covers and steering wheel cover with Dino logo for all who bring their Dino's.

14. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Jon,
    Great color! The black one was nice but this just glows. Looks like the ride height is coming down slowly but surely. Too bad about the seats but You have done miracles before. What are a few more? See you in a couple of weeks.
    John

15. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Noticed you filling it up at a Shell station, you don't miss a detail do you? Congrats on the color it look great in the sun, I'll bet it looks even better in person... shame I live on the East Coast...

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It seems a little strange to say this, but this might be my favorite car of all time. It is just so gorgeous. There is something about those yellow headlights with the blue body that I am really digging.

17. tha collector

tha collector Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Noordwijk aan Zee
    Full Name:
    David Rene van Dord
    Wow that car came ou so good it's simply beautifull. I would be afraid to drive a car looking this good though so hat's off for ya. And enjoy it as much as possible

david

18. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Beautiful Job........
    caster and camber looks great....I know about the new springs, but that baby is sitting High....will the wheel angles change when she drops, If she drops...it might take 40,000 miles for that to happen...I am sure you will figure a way to compress them, an inch or two...

Congratulations, thats a piece to Behod!!

19. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    WOW!!! That rear shot on the grass just jumps off the screen! Did you tweak it in PhotoShop or something? I doubt it so DOUBLE WOW!!!

Thanks again for sharing Jon,

Manny

20. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I am afraid to drive, but Jeff has no problem with it.

21. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    I have been following this thread since it started. What a fantastic job. Well done to everyone involved. The car looks fantastic.
    Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Congratulations

22. bureau13

bureau13 Rookie

Feb 3, 2008
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Smith
    Hi,

Any chance of getting a full-res version of that last photo? It is literally begging to be my background screen...

jds

23. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I'll have a better one for you when it's done (well i hear it's NEVER really done) but shortly done enough. Eyes are blurry from sorting pictures into TAV's. I'm almost half way with that. Jeff's working hard on getting the website up. May take a while.

24. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    High likelihood that I will bring it. A Dino shirt would be a good incentive to do so :). I look forward to seeing you there.

Alberto

25. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    i must have read your message wrong. post your email and ill send it off!