Try to Control Your Gag Reflex | FerrariChat

Try to Control Your Gag Reflex

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Fastpants, Mar 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fastpants

Fastpants Karting

Jan 24, 2006
    South Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    OK, ready? Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-TOYOTA-MR2-FERRARI-360-SPIDER-MODENA-replica_W0QQitemZ330222763262QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330222763262

If this dirtneck could've resisted the urge to slap counterfeit Ferrari emblems all over the damn thing, this could have been simply a unique looking little roadster. But noooooooo. I'm thinking someone's a little small in the pants.

Dig the 3 sizes too big shields! Also, I'm sure the thunderous roar of that 1.8 liter four will have everybody looking twice to see if it's the real deal.

2. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Repost. The guy said everyone on FChat must work for a Ferrari Dealership since that's the only way you could tell it was a replica.

Been trying to find out when I got a job at a dealer ever since . :p

3. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    A transaction with this clown should be prohibited, if for no better reason, than his ruinous lack of proper grammar.
    Some personal favorites are his explanation of the ridiculous mileage difference -- 'cause, ya know, what's 120,000 !!! miles between friends?
    And this line: "The vehicle grabs a lot of attention, you would feel like a celebrity." Hmm, I would? I guess he means if it were a real 360 Spider, I would.
    As for the no-one-can-tell-the-difference aspect -- among the myriad of other inaccuracies -- since when did Ferrari employ the thick, black masking tape around the headlights look? Hideous.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #4 WILLIAM H, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Is this an old Toyota Supra from the '80's trying to be a 575 or something???

Man these replicas are HIDEOUS! That 360 is the saddest looking example of a replica I have EVER SEEN!

If this guy thinks it looks just like a 360 he must be blind because it looks NOTHING like a 360! YUCK!

James
    Austin, TX

6. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I was almost fooled by this fool, but two things gave it away. First is the 4x4 ride height, is this a rally version 360? Second, no clear engine cover, wtf, is it too hard to fab some plexiglas?? Oh, what's that you say? Oh if you put a see thru panel, someone might see that there's not enough cylinders there. Ok, if you don't let anyone see the engine, they will be fooled.

7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I feel as if I'm seeing Porsche 944-like styling in the front.

8. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Those were my thoughts as well.

9. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I was thinking more 348... The bottom is projecting forward quite a long way. The 944's are back behind the leading edge of the bumper by quite a bit.