328 super charged | FerrariChat

328 super charged

Discussion in '308/328' started by citrus, Mar 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. citrus

citrus Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    Newtown Ct
    Full Name:
    John
    I would like to know if any one has information about the 328 in the ads section of this forum which is super charged and a gray market car? opinions welcomed. thankyou

2. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    I've seen it for sale on ebay and the ads here over the last month or so. Can't speak to the mechanical integrity of it or as regards the supercharger but I can speak a little about the fact it's a Euro. First don't let the 'gray market' stigma scare you off. Contact the DOT and EPA (do a search for this as I recently posted helpful phone #s towards this end as I just went through it w.my Euro for which the seller had no conforming papers) with the VIN and they can tell you whether it conforms. If it doesn't you can run into registration problems if your DMV isn't satisfied it's kosher and requires the releases. I think that's the most important facet of a Euro's viability (mechanical condition notwithstanding). If this stuff checks out then you can move fwd.

I just bought a Euro. It has several aesthetic differences from the US car that I just couldn't get past and IMO lend it a cleaner, sexier look. The ad you're looking at does a good job itemizing most of these differences. One thing that makes it lighter than the US - and less safe - is the absence of steel reinforcing bars in the doors which you may find disconcerting.

Hope that helps somewhat.