***SPOILER*** BAHRAIN RACE | Page 9 | FerrariChat

***SPOILER*** BAHRAIN RACE

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kraftwerk, Apr 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Massa DESPERATELY needed that win. So far it looks good for the Scuderia and kudos to them.

Hamilton drove like he's the one who spent time with 5 hookers...

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL :D

btws, anybody noticed the finger and hand signals Hammi gave to Sato & Fisi? quite disrespectful of him, like the Star Sports commentator said.

3. mir88i

mir88i Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Philippines
    That reminded me of DC back when he was driving for mclaren. He was behind an arrows for the whole race in monaco.

4. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i know, but Hammi think they should just wave him by? he's not lapping them, so, they deserve to put up a decent fight with him.

speaking about DC, he should have gave Button enough room. Button would have outbraked himself anyways. typical scene like Aussie.

5. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick

DC is an idiot. He needs tgo follow Ralf into the sunset ASAP . I'll pay to get him five hookers.

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ohhhh, COME ON! HOW ABOUT A SPOILER IN YOUR POST TITLE!?

I RECORDED THE RACE!

I had money on 10th place.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nah, it was for 4 wins. Still 3 to go, which I think is a real possibility: Spain, Turkey, Interlagos

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    oh..i thought he bet that Massa won't win this season. my mistake.

9. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    needless to say that if (IF) he takes poll in Monaco that it will be in the bag

10. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    That's what married life does to you!!

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

he looks like as if he put on some weight too. she must be feeding him quite well.. :D

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    And that last line is why. When you have the first four cars racing each other for pit stop position, you get a whole lot of fast laps. When all the laps are quick, the race doesn't take long. Nineteen finishers, but only ten of them on the lead lap.

An odd race -- there was some good racing out there, but you had to watch the lap times: not much of it was banging wheels, so the nascar set would probably call it "boring".

But my suspicious mind at work: first BMW pole, three teams within two points, three drivers tied for third, Phil back in the hunt, for a total of six possibles for WDC, three possibles for WCC as F1 returns to YerRope. Isn't this almost exactly the "entertainment" result Bernie would have scripted? (other than the "Max not welcome here" part) ;)

Notes: Massa's first win *NOT* from pole (technically).
    This is the first race of '08 an STR finished. (Yes, Bordais got 2 pts in Aust, but that was for highest DNF.)

Question: Will the UK media be calling for Hamilton's head, the way people here were ready to toss out Massa?

13. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Disrespectful? Pure arrogance. I'd really like to know what the hell he was thinking waving about like that. Who does he think he is? King of the Track?

14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seems you already made your mind up about what he was thinking..:rolleyes:

15. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    and he seems quite accurate.

16. eam3

eam3 Karting

Dec 16, 2003
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Ed Mendez
    Actions speak louder than words. Hamilton's actions definitely show quite a bit of arrogance. This miserable performance today should remind him that he's still human (despite what the British press says).

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'am not disagreeing, I couldn't see what he was doing or didn't see it, the commentary did say about it, but I was not sure what he was doing , so I havn't jumped to the conclusion he was giving them the finger, if he was shame on him, as far as I'am aware he was racing them for position.

I hope he was humbled by his outing today.

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #218 tifosi12, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Exactly! :D

20. eam3

eam3 Karting

Dec 16, 2003
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Ed Mendez
    He was fighting for position with Fisi and when he finally made the pass, he lifted his left hand in frustration (clearly a sign of frustration directed at Fisi) as if Fisi was supposed to get out of his way because he is Bernie's Golden Boy and he should simply have given up his place. Today's race should knock his humility quotient down a few.

21. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I don't think LH gave Fisi the finger he was just waving at him. I didn't see what he did to Sato though.

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Don't they all? Haven't you seen NUMEROUS drivers using that gesture throughout eons of F1? I don't get the extra set of behavioral rules for Hamilton, but we've been bemoaning this for awhile on the board.

23. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Yes, I have.. but not under such circumstances. I've seen it happen when a lapped car won't get out of the way or if a driver keeps deliberately and unlawfully blocking someone behind them. Not in a clear battle for position as it was here though.

24. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Just as an aside: Top Gear re-ran their four way race to the city airport the other night. (Car, bike, boat, and train.)

I hadn't noticed before, but they had the Stig (on the train) pick up a copy of a newspaper. When he got to the story about Lewis in F1, he tossed it down in disgust. ;)

25. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    WE'RE BACK

FORZA FERRAR!

;)