4/12/2008 Latest Finds :cool: | FerrariChat

4/12/2008 Latest Finds :cool:

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by toddjw73, Apr 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    #1 toddjw73, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I took the wife and went out of town over the weekend to a Coastal B&B, and on Saturday decided to go to Monterey for the day. When down there, I decided to go to the Antique Emprioum just up from Canary Row to see if I could find anything I could add to my collection.

Here is what I found.:D
    Pic 1 - Matchbox "Laser Wheels" Ferrari Testarossa :)
    Pic 2 - Matchbox "Laser Wheels" Lamborghini Countach :)
    Pic 3 - Corgi 1:43 Donington Collection Ferrari 312B2 F12 :D
    Pic 4 - Tag Heuer Formula 1 Diving Watch :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Nice score!

Any info on the watch?

3. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    All I know is that it is a Womans Diving Watch. I am hoping I could get someone to help me with more info. I will post pics on the Watch Thread Tuesday.

4. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    Wow, sweet finds.

5. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was given a that watch (men's) when I was a junior in high school (1988) when I received my open water certification. The first gen Formula 1 watches were a fiber glass case with a rubber strap. The 2nd gen had the aluminum case. I think in 1988 my dad paid $125-150 at Tourneau in NY for the watch. Occasionally they will be on ebay for $75-100.

6. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Thanks for the info! That gives me the date for about when it was originally made/sold. However, this case appears to be plastic. Does that mean it was a later edition?

7. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I think PaulC is referring to the actual watch case (body) not the packaging. As you can see on the packaging, it specifically says the watch case is made from steel and fiberglass. I would guess that this, in fact, a first gen F1.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    HOLY ****! Awesome find!

I think I have the Lazer Wheel Countach. I'm gonna have to look next time I'm at the folks.

Todd, maybe you should start a Classic Matchbox/HW car thread. I have an old Ferrari I've been meaning to post pics of.

9. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Since there is a Hot Wheels thread, I think I just mught start that Matchbox thread at your request. I'll post the pics of what Matchbox Cars I have to start the thread.