330 GTS | FerrariChat

330 GTS

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by vintagemotorcars, Apr 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a 330 GTS. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    A friend has one, he will contact you privately.

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This month's FML list 330 GTS pricing at the USD$445,103 mark - how close is this to reality?

4. DeaneG

DeaneG Karting

Jan 26, 2006
    SF bay area
    I think a very nice one will currently cost more than $500K.

5. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Way out, recently Fantasy Junction had one for a few days asking $825,000 and sold very quickly.

6. DeaneG

DeaneG Karting

Jan 26, 2006
    SF bay area
    Wow, that's better than a 50% increase for a couple of years now.

7. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    Dream on. Two recently sold. One for "high sevens" The seller had bought the car for 600k one week prior and flipped it quickly in two weeks. Another sold last month by Fantasy Junction for 825k. It was on the market for one day. I think it would take more to pry one away from the current owners.
    Morris

8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

100 units built, these will probably not take any hits in the near future.

9. DeaneG

DeaneG Karting

Jan 26, 2006
    SF bay area
    And the art market seems to be holding on. Looks like there may be enough big boys left here and abroad to keep things going through the financial dip.

10. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    According to my understanding of economic principles the begining of a drop in prices should be signaled by a rise in supply. With no rise in supply there can be no drop in prices. There are currently no 250cabs, 275gts or 330gts for sale in the the FML.
    In addition to that it occurs to me that if a car sells for a given price in practically no time then what is the predictive or implied price for the next unit.
    I would say that if someone sells a 330gts for a given price in a day then it is either a coincidence or you might imply that if he had held out the price might have been higher. Anyway time will tell.
    As for now to my knowledge there are no 330gts' for sale anywhere. There is a 365gts in the Bonhams auction in Monaco. Let's see what that brings.
    Morris

11. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Given how well a 365 GTC drives and how rare a 365 GTS is, I'm sure the car for sale at Bonhams will go for bingo numbers. A 330 GTS will look like a bargain by comparison. Sadly, I will not be bidding on it!

Cheers...Keith

12. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    it doesnt seem that most rare cars changing hands get listed for sale in the FML these days

13. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    I have noticed that myself. I'm trying to figure out the reason for that and also the reason why auctions have become so popular.
    I for one simply do not trust the auction houses. Yes I know many people who have had positive experiences with them. In my narrow way of thinking it just does not make sense that an auction house could be honest. Such a great way to get rid of questionable cars. I guess if you know the car, such as John Masterson's Cal. spyder last year in Monterey, it might be diferent.
    As for the FML it does apppear that they are losing some of the vintage market.
    Morris

14. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Many of these cars sell private treaty or via brokers such as RPM. Lower than normal numbers of cars are on the market is due to demographics. The current owners are older but not at the age of being debilited or dead. Forces that bring cars to market are Death, Divorce and Bankrupcy. With current owners at a life stage where all three are not as much a factor there are few cars on the market. When current owners are in thier 30's to mid 50's these factors play more into the market. Many brokers have waiting lists for these cars so days on market for these cars are short. The auction part of this market is very small. Cars sold at auction may have issues as we here know beign the chatty bunch that we are.

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm guessing that the market has been moving too fast for people to run ads in the FML. It appears that a few phone calls are all that it takes to get the job done.

Dale

16. JakobGreisen

JakobGreisen Rookie

Apr 28, 2008
    We are selling a 330 GTS Silver/Black in our next Auction- August 16 & 17 2008 in Pebble Beach, Calif.
    We are also selling a 250 Europa, a 275 GTB Alloy, Daytona Spider and Coupe, Lusso and a California Spider-
    There will be more info at www.goodingco.com

17. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I'm not so sure the auction is in Euro's which makes the car more expensive for US and UK bidders, the wide estimate of 500-800k Euro's indicates that even Bonhams are unsure of its value

18. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Daytonafan:

I'll make you a gentleman's bet that the Bonhams 365 GTS sells at or just below the high estimate. With only 20 examples in existence and with the market for collectible Ferraris seemingly insatiable, I think that car will establish a new high selling price for that model.

Cheers,

Keith

19. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Your on :) I'm going to the auction so I'll try and take some pics as well!

20. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    My understanding is that not all the 365GTS are accounted for, and that someone has several of them locked up in a warehouse somewhere (totally unconfirmed rumors). I've seen them trade close to par with Daytona spiders, so that would make this one worth just north of $1.1 million, perhaps (right around 700k Euro)?

21. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    How perceptive was that? if a little conservative !!

22. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Check out my guesstimate - nailed it!

23. Fabrizio Carugati

May 21, 2008
    Geneva
    Full Name:
    Fabrizio Carugati
    We actually have a 330 GTS (Red/Black, Matching Number) and also a 275 GTS (Red/Black, Matching Number) in our showroom.

You can contact me directly in private [email protected] (www.carugati.ch).

Easy to find when you know where to look ;-)

24. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Wow! Great inventory and web-site!

25. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    When the music stops it won't be fun to hold all that inventory