grigio alloy cs 4 sale | FerrariChat

grigio alloy cs 4 sale

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyh, May 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. motorsport43

motorsport43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2004
    S. California
    Deposit taken a few days ago.

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Looks like a great car. I hope the new owner will post here.

4. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wonder what it went for.

5. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Had the car checked out, did not come back clean. Roof repaint, front bumper cover repaint. Oddly the Wynn doesn't have any records of the 15k / belt service that was supposed to have been performed last fall (service book not stamped either).

6. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    #6 jbdmd, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I think it will be there for a while. It's a CS, but in a rare color which will be hard to sell when the time comes.

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    please add this info to the story stradale thread. roof repaint??? any idea why?

9. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    #9 fc2, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    The car was ordered and delivered with those grills

gs

11. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Curious, as to how it was it determined there was paintwork and cause? A 15K does not = belt service. Did Wynn state that they performed the service? Although services may have been performed it's not uncommon to see the owner's service book void of the dealer stamp. Dealer may have forgotten or the book was not available at time of service. However, if no physical service records can be produced one would have to assume the service was not performed.

12. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Ditto ... and is it SO bad that a 15k has not been done on a 6500 mile car?

13. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    If it sits, I don't think it will be because of the color. I think the car is choice. If it were available when I was shopping, I would have seriously considered it. I've always loved that cars color combo ... a unique Stradale can't be all bad.

G

14. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Were you checking it out to buy it? The only thing goofy, until understood, is the roof repaint.

If we're going to flag every car with ANY repairs as a "Story Car", I afraid there won't be many desirable cars available in the very near future, because if they are driven, theres bound to be some extra service/repair/bumper repaint and if it hasn't been driven, it will be flagged as a "Garage Queen" that has it's own stigma.

G

15. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    On the roof -- blending in the a-pillars is visible. Dealers paint guy said he could also see it after it was pointed out in the PPI. No idea what happened on the roof. Bumper cover respray -- learned from the original owner that there was no clear-bra and as offered today, the car has a clear-bra and clean paint, so I figured it had been resprayed (again, this part isn't that big of a deal). I pressed the dealer about it and they verified it was resprayed before the clear-bra was applied.

On the service records, Wynn said (on a no names basis) no record of the service and no physical records of the last service have been forthcoming despite requests...note this is the car I had asked in another post about having the extended warranty but no proof of 3-year service.

However, I thought the belts had to be checked / serviced at 15k? Is this not the case?

16. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #16 cig1, Jun 2, 2008
    Is it possible the the A-pillars were resprayed due to road rash, ala bumper? Is there other evidence of the whole roof being painted, other blend marks? I know a lot of people put clearbra on the a-pillar for that reason (I did).

17. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    #17 PCH, Jun 2, 2008
    Currently several unconfirmed issues...Sounds like the jury is still out on this one. Obviously anyone interested should proceed with caution and confirm paint and service issues.

Although you can visually inspect the belts there would be no way to really determine if they were replaced or near failing. Timing belt service is 3 years or 30K miles whichever occurs first. Its my understanding that the car in question has approx. 6K miles. Predicated on the 'in service' date according to FNA scheduled maintenance there should have been 3 annuals a 5K and belt service performed.

18. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Agree but we're clearly in the minority here...

Shop that did PPI thinks its the roof not just the a-pillars. Still trying to figure this one out. No one knows (or at least is willing to fess up)