How to gain 40hp in your F355 for $2.99 | FerrariChat

How to gain 40hp in your F355 for $2.99

Discussion in '348/355' started by RossoCorsaItaly, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #1 RossoCorsaItaly, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    SO fast and furious.

I went to the local drag races and got a 1.579 60 ft but the F1 tranny didn't like the track and wouldn't shift to 2nd gear so I couldn't get an accurate time.

The local ricers didn't like my sense of humor.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why wouldn't it shift?? That sucks, I'm glad I have the manual.

BTW, thats a really good sixty foot! Better than my friends Fox body Stang and he has a trans-brake, drag radials and spray!

3. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    That's showin em.

4. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    HAHAHAHAHAHABHAHA!!!!!!!!! That is some funny stuff right there. Well done, same about the shifting troubles. I love the type R tape, I'm still laughing! :D

5. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    lol ...................... :p :p!!!

6. MaterMech

MaterMech Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    Hilarious!! Now all you need is a ginormous fart can muffler and a pie plate size boost gaugue half way up the drivers side A-pillar.

7. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The 60 ft really shocked people including myself. I had the best 60 ft out there by far, the F1 transmission does an AMAZING job of launching, slips the clutch to 7,500RPM and then the car just goes off the line and hooks.

Basically when I tried to shift into 2nd, the car did nothing and I smelt clutch really bad. Then after a 5 second delay the car randomly went into 4th gear.

I went for a 2nd pass but the clutch smelled really bad so I went really easy and did 106mph trap speed, no idea on the time but I'd guess a low 13.

I'm going to go back in the next few weeks, I really want to know what the car is capable of with no complications, with the amazing launch that I get I'm almost positive I can get a pretty impressive time.

8. hotrod406

hotrod406 Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2007
    Grand rapids area,MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very impressive 60ft. I'm amazed that a car with so little torque could do that. I assume your clutch is cooked now?

Also loved the tape!

9. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The clutch smelled really bad after the 2 passes and the car wouldn't shift under full throttle, so I let it cool down for a couple hours then drove it home really easy. I took it out today and it seemed fine, drove the crap out of it and all.

Car is due for a clutch change sooner or later though 24k miles (12k of which were really hard driving)

10. hotrod406

hotrod406 Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2007
    Grand rapids area,MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Definitely let us know what happens next time. It's not often that a Ferrari is at a dragstrip. I'll be taking my LS1 powered 71 Vette back there soon(no Ferrari in the stable just yet).

11. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    1.57-- short time?-----freakin awesome for a street tire car!! I used to drive a supercharged 5.0 Mustang back in the day for a buddy with a 2 step and MT 10" slicks----my best was only like a 1.39 with all that...

12. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    Yes, a 1.57 short time is kick ass for a street car. My old Nova race car used to only do 1.48 (at best) with 625 hp, 3250lbs. and racing slicks. Thats with a trans brake too.... and 4.88 gear.......

13. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    you should have taped some flashlights under your car for that underglow effect too haha

14. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    thanks for pertetuating the stereotypical ferrari owner image.

15. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    The ricers may not like your humor but I do!