I Need Computer Help!!! | FerrariChat

I Need Computer Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SGM, Jun 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I need someone that can access a website for me so I can find out someones identity. Recently a website/blog was created and there is someone that is lying about me and it is affecting my reputation. I have contacted a lawyer, but in the meantime I want to find out who is behind it. If you can help, either PM or email me at sgm_dcfd@yahoo.

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Dang.. this happened to me earlier this year. Luckily the guy was easily found on google and I now have all of his personal info in case anything happens. I'm pretty sure libel on the internet is treated the same as any other medium, so you should be able to dig up his info and have a cease and desist letter sent his way. In the meantime you can always check the site at www.whois.org and www.networksolutions.com.

-R

3. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #3 SGM, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
    It didnt work......

4. Hobbes

Hobbes Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    Lorton, VA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    What's the site?

5. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    P M sent

6. Hobbes

Hobbes Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    Lorton, VA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It's hosted on a blog site, not on its own, so the whois information isn't going to do you any good.

Best bet without getting lawyers and subpoena's involved is to maybe send the guy a message and see if he responds from an email account you can track down or get him to reveal more info to you.

7. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Search the bloggers username in google, most people use the same username everywhere and hopefully he left his name attached somewhere.

8. LEbert

LEbert Karting

May 17, 2005
    Herndon
    Full Name:
    Laura E
    Do you have anything aside from his blogger name?

9. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Ah I was under the impression he was the owner of the site, so yeah, the whois info won't help. My only thought would be to set up a bogus gmail account and strike up a convo to see if you can find out who he is. Otherwise I don't think he's under any obligation to reveal his ID. Then again, direct confrontation might be your best bet. If the guy is lying, I'm sure he knows it and should back off pretty quick when presented with a libel suit.

-R

10. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    give us the link so we can all see what he said about you! what's up with the car hunt?

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    PM me this mother****er's blog address, please.

12. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    PM sent....Thanks Wax

13. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Finally got the insurance situation taken care of, took 2 months for them to pay. And to be honest I dont know what I want to get.

14. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    He wants a DB9!!!

15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    How is this a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! It don't matter whatever you get you will replace anyway!!! LOL!

You know I mean all this in a good way! Hope to see you soon on the road again!

Robert

16. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    I do not know you personally, but in following the saga of your many autos on this site, maybe you should buy a nice multi car carrier first. Then you can drive around the country picking up whatever you feel like for quite a while to come.

17. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    I know I do..!