F1: Surprises in French GP Practice | FerrariChat

F1: Surprises in French GP Practice

Discussion in 'F1' started by SpeedTV.com, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpeedTV.com

SpeedTV.com Approved RSS Feed

Jun 20, 2008
    Brazilian leads overall but Spaniard paces afternoon session.

More...

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Uh-Oh--Who gets to be the one to tell SpeedTV to wake up and respect the ongoing Spoiler Debate?! Oh yeah. And to subscribe:)

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

It's a subscribed RSS feed. It's something new that Rob is trying out. I already deleted them all by mistake once this morning!! :D

Dave M.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Haha! What does that mean, RSS? Or is that one for the dumb questions thread...?:)

5. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Why did he pick SpeedTv.com for the feeds, there are better F1 news sites :p

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Also maybe a seperate section for this RSS spam :p

7. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Anyone? Bueller?

8. icky

icky Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Anchorage, AK
    Full Name:
    Jesse B.
    I don't see any spoilers. Just says there were surprises in French GP Practice. That could mean a Force India didn't finish last, or Piquet didn't crash. Very vague!

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Oh, maybe not so overtly. But it's like a spoiler trap--a web if you will. People who haven't watched yet see that there was a surprise. Their first impulse is to click away. Avoid finding out what that surprise was. But then it begins to eat away at their curiosity. They can't help themselves! But no, they fight the urge to look and head over to Off Topic. It's no use--every thread they open only says "Surprises in French GP Practice--You KNOW you have to know. Go ahead and peek." Soon, it's completely out of their control and they find themselves being sucked into the Racing section where, against their will and better judgement, they open the "Surprises" thread and spoil the results. So really, it's WORSE than a traditional spoiler since it piles on so much anxiety as well...

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I changed the thread title. It listed the top practice speed performers originally.

Although I don't understand this whole spoiler concept, I try my best to keep threads from doing it.

don't want to know what happened before you view the race, don't wander into the racing section.

However, due to popular demand, I'll stay on guard for spoiler titles. :D

DM

11. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    ^ LOL excellent point

These RSS feeds aren't really necessary, all F1 from everywhere in the world appears here, even stuff that people hear from Mclaren's janitors.

12. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Haha. Classic.

13. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I don't think I've ever used the speedtv website for any F1 news, I have four or five other ones that are bookmarked that provide much better information and usually they'll be posted here in minutes anyways.