Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by newgentry, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    :eek:

At this point it's just best to plug my nose and pretend your self deluded importance you display isn't as gag inducing as it is.

2. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Rednecks drive Audii now ? Didn't notice the world had changed. I'll be scouting for '3' decals on Saabs and Volvos....

Speaking of parking and a particular Audi, Y'ALL should also check the 'Das Boot' thread in Cars, Motorcycles,... etc.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You shouldnt be driving a Ferrari. You sound so arrogant, it is disgusting . Take a chill pill.

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    DONE!! :D:D:D

Thanks David.

5. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike

It always cracks me up when someone misspells 'misspell'. ;)

6. fenzoman

fenzoman Karting
    BANNED

Jun 19, 2008
    #31 fenzoman, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
    I just noted the original poster's handle. That explains it! In his kingdom they have moats and the plebs can't get close.

Get over yourself. I get nervous when I see these displays because I become more certain class warfare will kick in and Ferrari owners will not win that war.

New Gentry, next time you and the princess have a free afternoon may I suggest volunteering at a homeless shelter? It will put Ferrari dings into perspective for you.

7. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Hey, Robert, I used to live in Johnson City TN from 93-95 working for Siemens. Really enjoyed the area. It ended up being just a little to rural and small townish for me. Awesome area though.
    Kai

8. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert

Still is - lots of great roads to drive on around here, for sure. But, you're right, it does lack a few things from time to time in the "cosmopolitan" department, for lack of a better term. Siemens sold out awhile back and, coincidentally, I believe that Borla Exhaust just announced that they'd purchased the building and they're moving a couple of production lines from California to here.

9. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Used to happen with my NSX all the time. Got used to it after a while.

RMX

10. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    A jealous Vetter owner probably put him up to it so your car would not up stage the Vette show.

Bob Wassam

11. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    You missed the point. He parked next to you because he figured that you were obsessive about your car since you parked it so far away and he knew that you wouldn't add another ding to his door.

Or, maybe, you just need to relax a bit and save your stress for something worthwhile.

12. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    That was my point!!! Hahaha

13. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    I park next to nice cars all the time, intentionally. I like to see my truck next to a nice car, makes me smile when I see the two side by side. I'd take your situation as a compliment :)

14. Mondialross 82

Mondialross 82 Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Ross G.
    Maybe the glass is not big enough.
    Maybe there ought to be a law (a standard) about space widths, like whatever will fit and then reduce it by 1or 2,or even a painted median between each space instead of a single line. Ever notice how some lots make 'em so narrow and others are wider but not usually. Do you think they leave enough room for pick-up trucks or large SUV's. Ever notice how some Businesses think its okay to install a high volume traffic business and don't provide enough parking, maybe the city's zoning board was asleep. I would be greatly satisfied if Businesses would just put their address number on the bldg. face where you could see it.

I lived in Japan for a while and noticed they are incredibly in tune with providing better service on many things. The most obvious was that every packaged food item or snack or anything like that came with an easy to open cut (tear here snip) in the sealed end of the package no matter what it was from condiments like catsup or mustard packets etc. I dare you to find such a conveniece in America, SCREW YOU fend for your self attitude, Yes they provide a serrated edge but is it simple, effective and convenient, seldom, especially when your hands aren't perfectly dry. Such as when you struggled to get the first one open and it shot crap all over because it was so friggin difficult and now its all over forget opening the next one. Why do you have to know you must pull a seam apart on a bag of chips but have to tear a ketchup pack thru the serrations or find the tear string on gum or a pack of printer paper if it even has a tear string which most don't. (Since congress cant get anything else passed maybe they should regulate "treat your fellow citizen better" reg's for businesses)

They even turn off their head lights when you come to a traffic signal so it doesnt shine in the back of your window. Wouldn't this be a nice thing at a drive up window at a Jack in the Box. Do you think any pick up truck driver would have the common courtesy to do this for you, no friiggin way.(why do you think I put so many extra really strong lites on here and jacked it up in the first place) The Feds even mandated that headlites be on all the time because they are SO STUPID to think that we are too STUPID to turn them on that we need to babysat.

I think we need to start treating oursleves a lot better. It isn't hard just takes a small effort and a little thought
    It really ought to be about US, we deserve it. who could agrue against that?
    Modialross82
    Rant of The day

15. tifosi308

tifosi308 Karting

Jul 1, 2005
    Midwest
    Happens everytime I take a nice car out, no matter what I do or where I park, always some old Ford or Chevy truck or SUV 90% of the time. It's definitely not a fluke, so the only conclusion I can reach is it's their way of saying FU. I've been telling myself for a while now that if I ever walk up to my car and catch the other driver in the act, so to speak, i'll just straight up ask what possessed him to go out of his way to park next to my car. Unless it's really ridiculous, I usually just roll my eyes and go on about my day, it's just not worth the stress of getting worked up over anymore.

16. mDrake

mDrake Karting

Jun 5, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I used to work with this chick who crammed her grigio titanium 360 Spider into the "Compact" parking spaces of the parking garage where we worked in Burbank. And these were CA/L.A. "Compact" parking spaces, much smaller than normal "Compact" spaces. She didn't care, why should you? Just kidding! (she probably didn't know what she was driving!) You'll always run across some ****** who wants to park two inches away from you because he knows you don't want him to. Plus, he's jealous that your F-Car is better than his IROC-Z... or rusted redneck Audi.

17. mbhw

mbhw Karting

Jan 17, 2008
    New York

OK F430rod - I could have left a space, which I will gladly do the next time I see a Ferrari. Then YOU can apologize to the Fcar owner when a thoughtless Caddy Escalade jams into said spot and dents the doors. In fact, I hope it's your car so you get the point.

I have no obligation to be nice to a fcar owner. However, most guys I've spoken to have been very cool to me, it's sort of my way of returning the favor.

I may drive a pedestrian Camry but I know how it feels to have a selfish ****** dent your car. This might surprise you, but it still pisses me off when I get dents in the Camry or my CRV. After all, body shops aren't cheap, and I'd rather spend my money on my 10 month old.

That being said, have a nice day.

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I visit my parents in south Florida, I usually drive my dad's '97 Sentra which is in bad need of a paint job and looks like s***. If I'm attending a Ferrari event, I always make it a point to park as far away as I can!

The funniest thing I saw was, years ago, a guy parked a car (not a Ferrari, but I can't remember what) squarely in the middle of two parking spaces. When I returned to the lot, two people in very small cars (again, I can't remember what) had parked on either side of him, perhaps 6 inches away on each side! So this guy, in attempting to turn 2 parking spaces into 1, actually turned it into 3! (And it didn't look like there was any way for him to get into his car when he came back.)

19. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David

Whilst you are allowed to be and react however you like (since you paid your hard earned money for the Ferrari), I think this is inappropiate behavior... The fact that you parked so far away shows that you put yourself above everyone else who was there.. This is why others like that Audi person, maybe parked next to you, because it was quite clear that you thought yourself as being someone "Special".
    I know what your initial incentive was, but if it really bothered you that someone parked near you, then you have lost the plot...
    When we are in Portugal (where my Diablo is) we sometimes take long drives for nice lunches in smaller villages - but i never need to park "away" from where we are actually going because there is no point. These cars were built to be enjoyed by everyone, whether you buy it or someone else stares at it... You were given the blessing to be able to even afford the luxury, whilst others can only look, take fotos, and imagine... You should try to be abit more humble, even if you are in "redneck town". I learnt that when you show humility others will respect you and your things...

my "gotcha" idea would be to show more humility, especially when you go driving with your wife... When you are alone, that is one thing...

20. MrHounds

MrHounds Rookie

Feb 27, 2008
    Nw Indiana
    Full Name:
    Casey
    All I can say here is WOW.. So, I know, this is my first post, and I am not an F car owner, blah blah, but how about putting some things into perspective here? You are fortunate enough to own and drive a Ferrari, I would hope you can show a bit more class than this.

So when you were down crawling around searching for any type of blemish, what would happen if you actually came across something? Would something happen to your wife? Your kids? Would your house be washed away in a flood? Would you develop a terminal illness?

Sounds like you may need a bit of a reality check. Its not the situation that defines our charachter, but how we react to it. Im only 26, but feel very compelled to tell you to grow up!

Oh and one last thing. I would relax on the "tough guy" thing as well, you may say something to the wrong person and jail will not be where your headed, it will be the hospital.

-Casey

21. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    First, why not park with the Vette guys? They clearly would have watched your car for you... were they not worthy to watch a 328? Second, parking that far away draws attention to your car.... and i'd assume that you parked in 2 spaces. Seriously, chill out.

22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I cant tell you how nice it is to see so many pointing out the self importance and arrogance of those that think they deserve special parking privileges because they have an expensive car.

From the day I bought my 355 and viper I parked them as I would any other car. They got the occassional ding..oh god ..what to do !

23. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    i do that all the time in my pickup.

24. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Dude -- ya drive a freaking 328, not a Lusso. Chill. It's just a freaking car.

(And this is coming from a 328 owner)

25. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    So...parking in a remote spot makes you "self important" and "arrogant"? Those seem like character flaws that might be more rationally associated with parking in an unauthorized space, a reserved space, a fire lane, a space chosen because it would draw attention to the car, paying a valet to put your car in a prominent spot, or, most importantly, parking in a place or manner that unnecessarily inconveniences other people, whether drivers or pedestrians. I really don't understand what's so "arrogant" about inconveniencing yourself by parking in a completely legal and designated space just to minimize the potential of damage to your car. How one reacts to someone who parks next to him may be another matter.