Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by newgentry, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    +100, Brilliant and true as usual. Too bad most everyone else just doesn't 'GET IT' yet....

2. Rohit

Rohit Rookie

Apr 22, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealan
    Full Name:
    Rohit
    Except in this case would the OP have had any issues is someone had parked another Ferrari/Lambo/expensive car where the redneck Audi was parked? I don't think so.

It's like saying you can piss next to me if your penis is long enough, but if not, stay the hell away, I don't want to have anything to do with you. Now, if the guy in the urinal next to me started spraying me with piss...different story.

3. Stradale Joe

Stradale Joe Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    downtown
    Full Name:
    Joe Panache
    Chill.....................................................................................................................................................................

4. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    +1 I like the way you think

5. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    #80 ducowti, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
    Eh? :headscratch:

Without commentary on the OP, while you are probably correct this is not a valid analogy. In the former we're dealing with a vehicle for which all evidence suggests the car's aesthetics are not very important to it's owner, thereby increasing the chance his door whacks the Ferrari. In your example I don't think you can contest that it's much more likely that the owner of another expensive car is concerned about aesthetic insult and thereby would be extra careful to not swing his door into the other expensive car, if for no other reason than his own car's preservation.

6. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    What if it was a $300K Lambo... with a bunch of door dings?? :)

7. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Then it'd be a $290K Lambo :D

8. Rohit

Rohit Rookie

Apr 22, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealan
    Full Name:
    Rohit
    True enough, but yeah, given that from his post the Audi driver left enough space for him to check the car up and down on his hands and knees on the asphalt before he left, I think he might have overreacted just a bit.

9. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    That's friggin hilarious. Why do I feel like that's MY car on the other side of the moon. I feel your pain bro!

10. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think that he would still be pissed. After all, isn't a Lambo just an expensive Audi these days? ;-)

11. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Eh....okay....I think. Look, I've parked my Ferrari 'away' from everyone else in a parking lot before, for the same reason the OP did - to prevent someone from opening their door into mine, and denting my car. Fixing car door dings and scratches is expensive for an Exotic, heck, its even expensive for a Honda. Most people park as close as they can to the entrance to the door/restaurant/whatever as a matter of convenience - I choose to sacrifice convenience in an effort to prevent expensive door dings and scratches to my car. I see nothing 'elitist' or 'holier-than-thou' about doing this - if someone does, they're a moron without basic common sense in my book.

Now, I could have 30 parking spaces between my car and the nearest car in the parking lot. A venerable ocean of empty parking spaces around me. I leave my car, and come back an hour later and what do I see? Cars parked RIGHT NEXT TO MINE. Some of the hot-heads who have already posted want to throw excuses out there that they're trying to 'protect my car'....right. That's total Bull-F$*&ng-S, and you know it. People posting should quit trying to be apologists for bad behavior.

12. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Its so weird, the two spaces closest to the front of Macy's were empty the other day as I took the first row spot. When I came out, somebody had taken the one next to me.. What are these drivers thinking?

_J

13. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Wow man. Take a chill pill. You think that now you have a Ferrari you own the road? The guy did no damage to your car and still you wanna take a pop at him? Its a risk you take everytime you take the car out, and if you cant accept that then drive something else.

Oh and also take anger management classes! :)

14. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Two completely different scenarios - try and pay attention.

15. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
    #90 DaudiW., Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
    The difference is that you genuinely take the effort at the expense of convenience.. But my door has never been "Dinged" by parking "Carelessly"..ever.. I admit, i try to park in spaces where there is only one car beside me (a wall, a corner, etc). That way, others can not say i am "holier" and at the same time, the chances of "dings" are 50% decreased already. If those are not available i just park anywhere, because at the end of the day if someone wants to "ding" your car, they will... its not completely superficial to want to park further away just to avoid it altogether, its understandable - but not with the OPs attitude.

16. mbhw

mbhw Karting

Jan 17, 2008
    New York
    Another one who's above us all....why is it so hard to believe some of us who love exotics purposely park next to a hot car to protect it? Guy - I like Ferraris, and I know they are the least likely to dent me as well. Get off the high "horse", and don't park in a public lot if you are so scared.

That being said, Would I do it in an entirely empty lot? - Nope. But in one half full - you bet.

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think he was making a joke.

18. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That's what I thought. I rather like the fellow's quote bellow:

_J

19. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    The two dings I took out of another car (benz) cost $700. My last service for the F-car was $9500.
    I figure the chance of a ding is... 2%? 1%? I park it 100 times in 6 months and get 1 ding and it
    costs $350. The cost of floor mats? The cost of a car cover?

My new ignition wires cost $800. What am I missing here? What do worry and stress and strokes
    cost? I would be more concerned about theft and vandalism--which will likely not happen if you
    are parked up closer to more people.

Maybe this is about respect. Someone dings your car and it is as though you have been spit upon.
    Chances are they either didn't know they did it, or if they did, they are one screwed up person that
    life and karma will deal with and they will have their own price to pay. I've seen it.

P.S. --kudos for getting the lambo/audi joke! This board rocks! :D

20. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    SO....if the cost of someone else's negligence is just lunch-money to YOU, the rest of us should just 'chill'? Tell you what - give me your name and address, and when some careless A$$ puts a dent in MY car, I'll send YOU the bill and you can just take care of it for me so I won't have to worry about it. How gracious of you.

21. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #96 texasmr2, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
    That's great I had a note pad full of those back in the 1980's that I would leave on dumb@ss's windshield's. Actaully mine said 'I hope you dont f&ck like you park because you will NEVER get it in'!

22. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    mine is even better. i parked in the end space in my diablo. there was open space next to me, so i parked half in my space and half in the open area. there was an open parking space next to me. I was in my buddies store talking to him about the car and this dildo drives up and parks his beater right next to the diablo. half in his space and half in mine! i was dumbstruck. i can only think he didn't even look at the lines and just pulled in next to my car. but why didn't he pull in next to the car on the other side? i didn't say anything because his driver's door was on the other side and he didn't even open the door next to my diablo. i still was pissed after i gave the guy plenty of room to pull in normally he still pulled up right on me in my space!

23. jais

jais Karting

May 27, 2005
    ATL
    I took my 430 to a local grocery store this past Sunday and parked in the closest spot to the front door. I feel like if I park it a mile away all by itself I'm sending a message that I'm better than everyone else and that ain't me so right in front I go. As I'm leaving, this older couple pulls up directly in front of me in a gigantic SUV (the USS Alabama, I believe). I hear the wife tell the husband "be careful, that's a Ferrari". They get out and she comes up to my window which was rolled down (because it felt like 187 degrees outside) and said she couldn't believe I parked it here. Well, what am I supposed to do? Leave it in the garage and walk? It's just a car I told her and that's why I have insurance.

24. blockhead

blockhead F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2008
    rock {me} hard place
    Full Name:
    knight who says "ni"
    Sorry if I offended you. Park 1/2 mile away if you want but believe me you will only be 10 times
    more upset if someone dings your car--rather than if you just parked closer and took your chances.

I would rather agree to disagree than to ratchet up the hostility around here.

25. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004