What's the current premium for new delivery 430 F1 Spiders? | FerrariChat

What's the current premium for new delivery 430 F1 Spiders?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bluehinder, Jun 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    What the current going premium, both from private parties and dealers. I assume dealers are not in line with the private market.

2. Bluehinder

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    You know, delivery type miles.

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    $35k-$50k over sticker.

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Not everywhere Dave.

5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Could some of the new deals be mistated on the high side to bump the price?

6. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I'm aware of two dealers where the premium is zero. Both dealers are actually having to go "deep" into their waiting lists to fill some orders. A friend of mine has a new 430 spider on order and the dealer told him to expect to take a loss when the car comes in. Admittedly the car is an off color for resale ( white ) but to be told you've already lost money is a little disheartening.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The dealers are the market and IIRC there have been several posts about cras available...there's a thread in UK about an impulse buy right off the showroom floor on available inventory..

Now to ORDER your spec maybe still involves a premium, check with a big dealership, Ron Tonkin, Houston...

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    No dave the opposite, our friend Jeff below is correct. PM me if you want any information.

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Very interesting. I guess the great economy is finally taking it's course even with Ferrari's.

10. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It is also important to be specific about State or Country when speaking of price. We then have consignment, old orders, new orders, and resales. Best

11. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I also know 2 people that just ordered new 430 Spiders that have never bought from an authorized dealer before and are paying sticker.

12. Bluehinder

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    Can anyone turn me on to a dealer that will sell a 430 F1 Spider at msrp? I'd like one this summer, that price is right for me.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id love to hear about someone walking into miller or wide world off the street and being able to order a 430 spider at MSRP with no wait. pls let me know if this has happened to anyone.

14. Bluehinder

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    I don't need to order a car, anything coming in, on the lot, normally optioned works for me. Now, if I could order, that would be sweet.

15. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have dealt with miller previously and my current F430 is from wide world, I know for a fact no one is walking in off the street and paying sticker for a new F430 at either dealership because both have already delivered their 08 stock and have a waiting list a mile long of existing customers, including myself, who want new cars. Most people, even long time customers are being told maybe they can get an '09 but most likely a 2010 if they are delivering new.

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dom, exactly what my impression is. thnx.

17. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
  18. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #18 SDChris, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2008

19. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I know the people at Steve Harris very well and I've been told they do not have any new cars in stock for delivery, let alone new cars at MSRP. It is just a poorly worded advertisement that is basically telling you that if you are in their geographic region and would like to order a car at MSRP to contact them.

20. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "It is just a poorly worded advertisement that is"

... intended to make you think they have a new car in stock, so you'll call or stop by. I get it now. Clever.

21. cmcjo

cmcjo Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe
  22. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It says right in the ad that it is for informational purposes only:

23. 0123

0123 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    I just called Steve Harris Imports, and they are about as organized as their poorly worded ad. It is way to hard for them to figure out if you are in their geographic area if you are more than a 100 miles from their dealership. They also told me that they are sold out for 2 years on new Ferraris (whatever model that is).

24. 0123

0123 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Where does it say in the add it is for informational purposes only? It says "contact us for more info" and "orders in our marketing area only."

Make: Ferrari
    Model: F430 Spider
    Year: 2008
    Mileage: Delivery Miles
    Price: M.S.R.P.

Features:
    ----ORDERS IN OUR MARKETING AREA ONLY-----
    CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO

The incomparable F430 replaces its predecessor, the 360 Modena, and is superior in every way: more power, more torque, a stiffer chassis, improved aerodynamics and greater comfort. With the top down this remarkable Italian exotic produces even larger dramatic rewards for the senses...INITIAL PRODUCTION IS SOLD OUT, PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON OUR CONSTANTLY CHANGING INVENTORY FOR PRE-OWNED, LOW MILEAGE MODELS.

25. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I would like to hear from someone that recently walked into a N.A. Ferrari dealer and purchased a new un-registered F430 (Coupe or Spider) at MSRP with absolutely ZERO strings attached and prove said purchase. Please post some proof, ie; a buyer's order just don't forget to delete your personal information, VIN#, dealer name, etc...I'm tired of hearing that the market is sooo bad that people are buying new Ferraris at MSRP right off the showroom because from where I'm sitting and everyone I've spoken to, these deals don't exist. I frequently have wholesalers calling me that are willing to still pay close to MSRP for 1-3 year old F430s.