ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4 | FerrariChat

ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4

Discussion in '360/430' started by dreamcatcher, Jul 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    the new Corvette ZR1 tested at Nürburgring its the fastest tested production car ever, I am pretty impressed. 20 sec faster then a 599 and more then 10 sec. faster as the scuderia wow!!

Porsche GT 2 7,32
    Scuderia 7,39
    599 GTB 7,47

its german but you can see some F&F
    http://www.autobild.de/artikel/testfahrt-corvette-zr1_732629.html

2. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Driving is all about the driver also, so that number is just that, and when someone brags all I tell them is, can you pull those times?

3. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

Very impressive lap time for any car...Vette or otherwise. Its one thing to give a car 600 HP, its another to engineer it where it can use the power and put it on to the road. Not a fan of the design though. I can wait to see what Porsche and Ferrari bring out in their future models.

Let the games being!! :) ;)

4. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Impressive time but to be honest, I don't give a flying **** at all. Who cares which is fastest around the 'ring? I'd take a 430 Scuderia - 599 GTB even if the 2 cars where the slowest around the 'ring. Let the R35 GT-R and this ZR1 compete till they get bored. The V-spec is now coming and it's expected to be 7,25 around the 'ring. If I were one of you guys, a lucky Ferrari owner, I wouldn't give a ****.

5. georgeshayek

georgeshayek Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2007
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Full Name:
    Georges G. Hayek
    :)

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Obviously they don't,since ,if they wanted, they could easily get either (relatively inexpensive cars).
    Some do,others don't care....

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The driver is good but not great. A Ring Meister would be even faster. This car is very fast.

8. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Driver or not, it's good information and obviously a VERY capable track car. As a Ferrari owner and general car enthusiast, it's kind of funny to see people's reaction on this board to these times when it does not bode well for Ferrari.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Any chance of you getting one, considering it is probably the last American Car of its type with the Problems of CAFE, Carbon, GM, etc.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well since you have to pay per lap at the ring, you get more bang for your Euros in a Scuderia !

11. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Wow, I didn't expect it to do that! I'm a vette guy as well as Ferrari guy and am happy for Corvette for building a car that can do this and obviously it does more than just 'go fast in a straight line'. Having said that, I agree with some previous posters; it isn't going to make me go out and buy one. My next car is a 360. I'm trading the vette for it!

The good thing is this spurs Ferrari to keep pushing the envelope.

12. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    GM can offset the the vette's numbers with the vast size of the other cars they produce. And the gas mileage isn't that bad on the vette. Not sure what the ZR1 gets, but I'm getting 30 mpg in my 2007 spider.

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They are great cars but the fit/finish/overall look doesn't appeal to me. I really don't care how fast something is I'm more interested in the total package. My new daily will be an 8C which I like a lot better even though it's slower. It's a personal thing. I picked an 8C over a 599 as well as I simply like it better.

Best

14. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    And did I read the article correctly; the car was driven by just a production engineer, not a professional driver?!

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

Yes. A pro would have been faster.

16. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +1

17. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    Way Fast

Any thoughts on the California?

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thanks for the input. I was passed by an 8C on the Highway over here and the sound was remarkable. Jim did you read in AW that some of the Board Members at Ferrari felt the better designs were currently going to Maserati and Alfa Romeo, and they were not entirely happy with Ferrari's recent design direction. Any input on your behalf is always great. In addition, it is interesting we have not caught any glimpses as of yet on the F142 (430 Replacement).

Sincerely,
    Tony

19. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    Tony

What made you go from a 360 Spider to a Carrera?

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I built a new house at the wrong time. I miss having a Ferrari so bad, you cannot believe it. The car I should have never sold was my 355B 6 Speed Manual. I didn't like the F1 in my 360 Spider, but later editions were definately an improvement and I would only buy a 430 with an F1. Also I have a little girl and it is easier on the weekends to include her on the ride with my wife. If things go well in the near future I would love to get a Stradle.

21. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    When John Heinrecy drove the Cadillac to a new record, it may confuse some to know he is both an Engineer and Driver. Sometimes "engineers" are capable drivers and also have the ability to "dial" in the car better. Not sure if Magnusan of someone would have driven it faster.

As someone who owns a supercharged Z06 and Ferrari 430, I am very impressed by the Ferrari "package" and the fun derived from my "hot rod" Z06. I elected not to buy the ZR1 after seeing it because other than the track (where those at Virginia International Raceway reported) the car can do nothing more on the street except get a little more attention while new.

I see no need criticize the Corvette's achievement. As a car enthusiast, rather than a "defender of a marque", I find both the Corvette Z06 and Scudaria to be very loud (inside the car) and the latter very expensive affectation, unless you track the car. It seems to me that Audi, Viper, and Nissan, to name a few, are adding more fun to the game and should be applauded, not degraded. But, that's just me. Best

22. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The crime in all this is........in 12 months all these new vettes will have an extra 200hp by the mods the gear heads do, and it will be selling for half the price.

Nice car to drive, too bad it will be just that "another car"

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 Perfect example was Rudloph Ulhenaut (SP?) at Mercedes Benz in the 50's whose times in the car were similar to Fangio and Moss.

24. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    Thanks Tony!

I love my 360 but some times miss the everyday driveability of Porsche. If money was no object I would 'just' pick up a GT3 as a DD and drive/track the snot out of it leaving the spider for anything else.

25. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My question, will GM even be around in 12 months to produce the car??!!!!!!

Robert