Major Service on Stradale | FerrariChat

Major Service on Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by xpresso, Jul 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xpresso

xpresso Karting

May 9, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    I have a low mile (3600) CS. Got it '04. Have taken it back to the dealer annually for routine service. Is it time for a Major service time dependent or is this more dependent on how many miles the cars has? Car has never been tracked.

2. Alesnik-MD

Alesnik-MD Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    West coast FL
    Full Name:
    JPA, MD
    3 yrs or 15K miles. I would do the service then drive the p!ss out of it! :)

- Joe

3. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    Do the service. My first CS had 1100 miles on the clock when I id my 3 year......

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

+1. It's far more painful if something goes wrong -- and the CS service isn't even that expensive (compared to the earlier V8's)

5. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Double check...but i believe you only need the belts done at the 3yr service, which is about $2K as opposed to the "Major" which is every 5 yrs and is about $5k..

Look up on "Euginios" web site, you will see all that is involved in the 2 different services.

Good Luck
    Mark

6. xpresso

xpresso Karting

May 9, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    I guess the question is what is a major service. I am told that it will cost $5K for the major but I am not sure what that actually includes. I know the belt are part of it.

7. neil-f

neil-f Karting

Feb 6, 2008
    UK
    I would expect the car to have had belts done at 3 years and the 6250 mile service other services annual in 2005,2006 and 2008 with that mileage.
    Get out and use it more they are a great drive mine has done 13000 miles.

Neil

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I did the major service which included belts at the 3 yr/8900 mile mark with yearly fluid changes to date. Next major is 6/2010. Keep it up to date.......you'll feel much more at ease when you put your foot in it.

9. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    The really important thing is the belts, they will do a lot of things to the car, but I wonder how important is to do all this things if the car has barely any miles and never tracked.

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Time or mileage. According to FNA scheduled maintenance timing belt replacement is due every 3 yrs. or 30K whichever occurs first.

11. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani

what he said

look here : www.EugeniosFerrariService.com

several options available depending on where you're at.....chances are you just need the belt serice if the mileage is low

BTW : you have not stated your mileage

12. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Stated mileage is 3600. Sounds like the OP has adhered to the annual services however, mileage is not the only factor in determining required or recommended services.

13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    belts are cheap as long as you dont go to FBH...!!!!!:) much as i love Jerry now that autogallery service has crashed and burned.

FOC is the best value/quality in S CA. other than Damian or Eugenio.

not worth not doing it -- if you blow a strad engine it's 70 bills