Back Enzo @ LFSC? | FerrariChat

Back Enzo @ LFSC?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Frunkey, Jul 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frunkey

Frunkey Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey guys,

I have been on using FChat for a little over a year under another name. I recently moved to the Chicago area, and decided to adopt a new alias for my new locale. I live in Vernon Hills, and am looking forward to meeting some of you someday.

One of the first things I did when I moved here was drive over to LFSC. I realize the owner is a regular in this forum, and I commend him on a fantastic presentation of his stock. I drove by today to have a look and was reminded of the black Enzo in the service area. It has been there for some weeks now, and was wondering what's wrong with it to be left there for so long? And is the owner a member here?

2. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    It's there a lot. The plates say PILOTA I believe. The guy drives it a ton. Rain, snow, you name it. You'll be seeing it a lot on the streets. It belongs to the owner of the sandwich chain "Jimmy Johns." It's s/n is 132664. I don't believe the owner is on this site but I could be wrong. It's having pipe work done I believe. Last time it was there, he was getting his straight pipes OFF the car. They turned out to be too noisy. Also, Ferrari recommends you service your every day Enzo every 5-6 months so you may have caught him in one of those stops.

Hope that helps
    -Dan

3. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    By the way, welcome to Chicago! :)

4. Frunkey

Frunkey Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Awesome! I will keep my eyes peeled for the NNO on the street, and maybe go try out Jimmy John's in the meantime!

Any chance for another LFSC F1 party? I missed the last one :(

5. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Just to set it straight..'cause you got some of it correct. The car does not belong to the owner of "Jimmy Johns," it is not here for "pipe work," though everyone who has seen it or heard it on the road knows it is fierce. The motor is on its way back to Italy for a factory rebuild and tune. Customer request. Yes the owner drives it a lot and as he should takes care of it. The owner is not on the site.

Regarding the next F1 party, I am trying to schedule it. I don't know if it going to work out this season. Ill keep you all posted!

Thanks, and if you have any questions regarding the dealer or Maserati Milwaukee please PM me.

-Jim

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I never saw it on the roads, always at LFSC :(. I guess the car usually drives around Lake Forest only ?

7. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #7 Carsleuth, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh now I remember! The owner of Jimmy John's owns a red Enzo I saw there correct? Plates say "Yo Enzo?" Thats what one of the service guys told me. They also told me when I was there that the black one was getting straight pipes taken off. I don't remember the guys name but he was really nice to me. Here's some pics of the red and black enzo. I've seen the black one on multiple occasions but there is a few pics of the red and black together. You'll have to excuse the not great quality of my photos, this was in my earlier days, just getting into photography so they've got noise problems. (pic #4, yikes!)
    Jim I love going to LFSC, the best Ferrari dealer I've ever been to. Hope to see you there some day, maybe for the F1 party or when I'm around the area I'll stop in. Sorry for the confusion.

-Dan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    There you go!

The only thing I ask, is that we try and keep the pictures of our customers cars with clear view of the plates off the internet, we are sure they are flattered people are taking pictures of thier cars but also like to keep some privacy.

Thanks and hope to see you soon.

-Jim

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fixed.

PS: I can't wait for my new license plate. Once I have it, I'll be posting pics of it all over the internet. :)

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Anyone who prizes his privacy does not order vanity plates only a generic number ,hard to remember.
    It is called "Vanity" for a reason.....

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #11 Darolls, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
    Bill, every time our cars are driven the tags are seen by many! What's the big deal?

If one wants to remain anonymous, have a plate that means nothing like a friend of mine has; MKZXQYT! Hard to remember, eh !?!

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #12 Townshend, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The black Enzo as mentioned isn't owned by anyone affiliated with JJ, although the guy who does own it is a decent driver ;)

Here's another pic of the car (sorry for the poor quality). I also have a pic of the car sans engine, if OK to post let me know (at LFSC).

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Not necessarily.

14. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    So wait, the red one is owned by the guy who owns Jimmy Johns. Okay, thanks. I'm sorry, I blured the plate on the red but forgot to do the black one! I understand the privacy and stuff which is why I blur out plates on every pic I post. That one slipped.

Hope to meet you soon Jim!

-Dan

p.s. thanks Andreas
    p.s.s. I'M IN MICHIGAN ON MY WAY UP TO CANADA FOR THE FCA MEET WOHOO! :D Can't wait to see Norbert and Dave!

15. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Maybe, but in LFSC's defense, better to err in the side of caution no? When you take the car to a dealership you should have an expectation of privacy..

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Hope you are planning on making it to Pebble this year as well? If you've never been, you need to.

17. Frunkey

Frunkey Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for the info! In my OP, when referring to "the owner", I was actually referring to the owner of LFSC as a member on this site. I am assuming that is you Jim? In any case, you have a wonderful dealership, and I hope to run into you one day on a Ferrari-gawking run.

Is there any chance LFSC needs a young intern/more help around the office? I am taking my MCAT tomorrow (yay medicine!) and don't have anything lined up for afterwards.

18. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Good luck

19. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Regarding the plate issue, I would rather be safe than sorry. I dont know if our customers care or dont care, but I care to not stir the pot over somthing that can be easy taken care of, and thank you for blanking it out.

I am not the owner of LFSC. I guess just the "voice" on the boards.

I like the excitement about the cars and the dealership! Thank you.

-Jim

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Spend $15 and become subscribed.
    Then check out Politics and Religion, Business and Investment, and Silver Subscribed sections. Many-a-thread about medicine, past present and future. Not to discourage you about your pursuit (theoretically) of becoming a doc, but today more than ever, you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. It is an huge investment of time and money, with a fuzzy future.

here is a prediction you can bank on: they guys going into med school today will (on their own merits and income from being a doc) will never be on the "A" list @ LFSC, snapping up new 599/430 Scuds, etc. Just so you know...

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

I hoped the guy with the Black Enzo was fulfilling a prediction an old girlfriend of mine had for me: that I'd blow all my money on a car, and have no place to live, therefore living in the car... Figured the owner had no home, kept the Enzo at LFSC and slept in the bushes behind the service area....

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    If it were a Ferrari it'd be a better investment than a real house these days!

22. Frunkey

Frunkey Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks to those wishing me luck tomorrow...years of study and months of test preparation all culminate in one 4.5 hour test...

To spike, I will be subscribed shortly. My eyes are wide open. Understand that it has never been my intention to enter medicine to afford a dream lifestyle, but to say that it has a fuzzy future is quite the pessimistic outlook. This is neither the time nor the place to discuss this matter (I will see you in the subscribed forums...), but suffice it to say I am a lover of natural sciences and practicality and medicine is, to me, the absolute epitome of these two practices. If there is one thing that my father (a corporate man) has taught me, it is that job security is vitally important. No matter the income, people will always get sick, and need someone's help.

And besides, my favorite Ferrari of all time was the 355...6-speed, Grigio silverstone over red leather mmmmmm....

23. Enzo1267

Enzo1267 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2008
    Check out this.

http://www.serresusa.com/mustang/images/enzo.jpg

24. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.