2000 Euro 360 campaigns | FerrariChat

2000 Euro 360 campaigns

Discussion in '360/430' started by OKA, Jul 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ok I'm considering pulling the trigger this week on a 2000 Euro 360 6sp with 13k miles For $82.5K
    The dealer does not have the service records. But They have completed a major service at an authorized Ferrari dealer with in the past month or two which they do have documented. And they repaired a few other things like 3/5 gear sync also at that time. He says the car needs nothing. And it has no paint work either.

How can I verify if the Campaigns have been complete?
    What are the campaigns that are needed on a 2000 car?
    I'm going to get a PPI done, I'm just wondering if the tech will be able to see if the campaigns have be performed.

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    belt service, camshaft variators. if you want, PM to me and I will forward the tech bulletin to your email address for the variators.

3. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Just becuase its a 2000 doesn't mean it *must* need variators.

I have a 2000 US car and the dealer tells me that my VIN does not fall within the range of VINs that Ferrari claims requires this fix.
    I thought it a bit odd, but I have faith in what the dealer tells regarding this.

US vs. Euro might be the difference with this though?
    And I'm unsure if a dealer will balk at sharing much info with you since it IS a Euro (they behave a little "funny" that way from my experience).

4. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Timing variator and tensioner replacement campaign 97. Engine numbers below 60796 and vin range 114015 123399.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    FNA won't have much, if anything, on a euro. They don't maintain the records. SO, the only way to know about campaigns is to have service records. Things you will likely bump into are variators & ring gear. The tensioner upgrade should have been done when the major was done. Look at the service and you will see tensioners in the parts list, that verifies that they were replaced.

There was also a recall for a battery cable. All other campaigns are fairly minor. For example, you will probably need campaign 148, it adds a required ground pin the the OBD port. They can do that while you wait and it costs very little but ask that they do it before you pick the car up.

Note: dealers will do the work BUT they won't do campaigns for free. That means you want/need to get them done before you purchase the car or it is cash out of pocket for you. The dealers will do recalls for free, even on a euro, so the battery cable issue isn't a big thing. FNA can and will tell you about recalls.

Check the engine/vin to verify if the variators are required. If they are done there will be a VD stamped on the head. I can post a link where RayJohn posted photos.

If the clutch has been replaced they will have replaced the flywheel and ring gear. These were upgraded from 3 bolts to 6 bolts. The only way to tell is with records or to take it all apart.

If you have specific questions on euros please feel free to PM me. I have a euro Spider and will answer what I can.

6. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Ah yes `148 aka the "Ferrari got busted campaign".

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Can't get a smog machine in CA to read your OBD without this either. If you don't do it, you go to the referee again, and again, and again.