Ferry from Orient Point Long Island to New London CT... | FerrariChat

Ferry from Orient Point Long Island to New London CT...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hungry4$$$, Jul 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hungry4$$$

Hungry4$$$ Karting

Jan 26, 2008
    Has anyone here taken their Ferrari on this ferry? They say that it will not be exposed to salt water during the process.

Thoughts?

Best,

Michael

2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I was on a rally where there were a few Ferraris, Hennesy Viper, CLK DTM, Lotus Elises, etc. and they all seemed to be fine....I wouldn't worry since it is enclosed at the bottom. Do you own a 360 or 430?

3. Hungry4$$$

Hungry4$$$ Karting

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks. I have an '08 430.

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Dude - that's what the warranty is for! But seriously, I've taken several of my f-cars on the CT to LI ferries (mostly to Port Jeff since my brother in law lives on the north shore of LI) and never had any problems, its just like any other car ferry, the car is inside the boat. Sea air maybe, but you get that anywhere in coastal New England. Anyway the car is made of Aluminum, its not like its a 60s MG which would be like a sugar cube in a cup of tea :)

5. Hungry4$$$

Hungry4$$$ Karting

Jan 26, 2008
    LOL! Thanks. That's very helpful information. I'm going from East Hampton to Norwalk. I figured that it would save me a little time and possibly be fun to boot.