Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009 | FerrariChat

Official FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football 2008-2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will create, comish, and participate in an NFL fantasy league for 2008-2009. I will use Yahoo as that's the program I'm most familiar with. It is open to only FerrariChat.com subscribed users that have been on FerrariChat.com at least a year and have over 100 posts. I believe the limit for number of teams is 12, but I will find that out for sure, we will allow more if possible. If more than the limit apply we will let everyone in based on their participation on FerrariChat.com. I want a league with active participants. There will be a live draft and trading will be allowed with comish approval. I will be very fair but need to make sure no shady deals, it isn't about winning for me, just adding some fun to winter months when there's no racing on. I otherwise hate football, but enjoy the strategy and analytics of fantasy football.

If people want to offer prizes that is fine, otherwise only prize to start is pride and a custom FChatStuff.com shirt with declaration you were the 2008-2009 FerrariChat.com Fantasy Football Champ. Wear that to a Ferrari show! :D

Details will be posted shortly, but post if you are interested to apply and just list your fantasy football experience and whatever you need to say proving you will be active through the year even if team getting beat like Alonso. :)

I have participated in a Fantasy Football league about 10 times, but not in past 3 years as no one at my current work runs one. I have had success in the past even with my lack of football knowledge. I typically start the year weak and improve steadily as I get into the season crunching numbers while my competitors get soft. Bring it on, I'm a tough fantasy player! :D

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Definitely count me in - Assuming you're going to allow rookies.....

Since moving here (early '90's) I have grown to "love" the game (on TV anyway - it pretty much sucks live IMHO). But, I've never participated in FF - Back in the good old days my '9ers were good enough to keep me amused. Now that they're struggling I reckon the added interest of FF will be a lot of fun.

and I *want* that t-shirt :)

cheers,
    Ian

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    #3 tfazio, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    I would be very interested too! Will you be using the standard Yahoo fantasy football point settings? I have played fantasy football on yahoo for the last 7 years and have had a decent amount of success. I have won one of my leagues once and been in the top 3 four times.

4. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Are you going with Yahoo's "free" league or the enhanced "football plus08" version? - The Plus thing has "advanced commish controls", which I take to mean you can screw with us.......

Cheers,
    Ian

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will also look at advanced if it provides more tools and features, not interested in more power for the commish stuff. Actually the only thing I will get involved in is trade disbutes and approvals. Even for that most of my decisions will be based on a group vote.

I'll take a look at the standard points and determine if any adjustments, most likely we'll keep the default.

6. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
  7. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Live draft or auto-pick? [I've obviously just been doing some RTFM'ing at Yahoo sports ;) ]

Cheers,
    Ian

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay

9. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Sorry! [Obviously a rookie mistake :( ] I was so excited with my new-found knowledge, I overlooked re-reading your original post!

10. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'm jumping the gun here a bit, but peyton's gonna take me to the championship this year, :)

11. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    any idea when you'll set this up rob? kind of hard to imagine, but the preseason starts in just a couple of weeks

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So I have the league created and invites so far sent to Fast_ian, tfazio, and rollsorferrari?. If you didn't receive the invite then PM your correct email, I used your account email on FerrariChat.

I just got the free version, but will add the extra stats. Live draft is scheduled right now for Wed Aug 20 4:00pm PDT. Is PDT Pacific? Because I requested 8pm CDT so it would only be 6 PDT and 9 EDT. We might be able to change it, but regardless you are allowed to rank your picks and auto draft. A total of 16 teams will be allowed and season will be head to head with top 8 teams going to playoffs weeks 14, 15, and 16. Had it end before end of regular season because some of the stars sit out last week of regular season.

13. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i'm in, thanks rob!

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    OK, I'm registered - Thanks!

I also wasted an hour trying to come up with an apropos team name, and failed (naturally). I did however find a "fantsay team name generator".

Which is a little worrying.....

Looking forward to it!,

Cheers,
    Ian

15. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Let me play,,,
    ,,,haven't done fanyball in some years[and not a live draft]but sign me up[now that I've id'ed the weak link:)]
    cheers,
    RE

16. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :)

OK, so I'm guessing I'm that weak link - I admitted I'm a rookie, and screwed up within a few hours of the initial post. Fair enough, I can accept that.

However, I *am* going to win that T-shirt! :D [With or without Peyton of course!]

Seriously, it seems we have our very own "message board" on the site wherein we are free to talk all the smack we want! - Very cool and we should probably move any further "debates" over there and leave this thread for signups...... [Of which I'm surprised there aren't more to date BTW.]

cheers,
    Ian

17. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    only 4 people signed up so far, it's looking like it won't be too tough for me to win this one, :D

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we'll get 16, still 4 weeks before the draft. this is a Ferrari forum I guess. :)

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hoodude has been invited now.

20. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Ok,then...about this weak link I's talk'n on's sumbody else Ian,I think he's frum StLouie,we'll see
    Gonna go homework this draft thingy
    Anybody else ever play in a pool against the line? Tuff ain't it? 8/8 is a great week...
    cheers,
    RE

21. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Fantasy Football, I'm in.

22. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    um...hmm...peyton! :)

23. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

In fact, it seems to me that there really are no "upsets" in football anymore - Almost as many games resulted in "upsets" last season as went with the "line". And more upsets than "expected" results says they're not upsets....... [If you follow me ;) ]

Cheers,
    Ian

24. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Ian,
    I DO follow ,,, dogs were the clear favs,agin the line, many-many weeks were 9's/10's dogs and you just can't pic'em that way w/surety.
    This year I'm renamingthe team, ''RollinDice'', maybe they'll do better.
    cheer,
    RE
    ps,Oakland and Pats exceptions to that dogs rule and Raiders improved [but ''ArtShell face'' is classic]

25. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I call David Garrard and Murice Jones Drew and oh yes! Tony ROMO!.