Immaculate Mondial | FerrariChat

Immaculate Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by rimoore, Jul 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    If anyone is looking for a top notch Mondial then take a look at this one... http://www.sportscarcompany.com/detail-1985-ferrari-mondial-cabriolet-3205107.html. It's coming in on a car carrier tomorrow and I'll get more pics and look it over really good. If your interested make me an offer! Tire kickers welcome on this one!! I have looked over all the service records and I think it's had about 15K worth of stuff done to it in the last two years. The last owner spared no expense.

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    If everything checks out, looks like a good price as well. Looking forward to the pics.

Don't tell me about sparing no expense on a Mondial, however... :)

3. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    CCCccchhheeeeezzzeee,,, please I'll let you know also....
    (When my 1,600.00 main switch gets here.)
    Ouch.!

Edwardo

BTW,
    Looking foreward to pics.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Jeez, Richard, nice pics with the circa 1998 cell phone camera with a smudged lens. How do you know it's a Mondial? ;)

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Lol - brilliant!

6. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Until we get the car back across country. We are at the mercy of the tow truck driver, previous owner etc. etc. for pictures. :). I'll no Helmet Newton, but can assure you the next set will be much better.

7. fishyfishfish

fishyfishfish Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Fisher
    So, like the 308 GTB, you are offering cars for sale before you actually see them yourself? I'm confused, how do you know the quality of the car before you actually have it?

8. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I'm not one of those critical guys on here, but please. 15k in service over 2 years can be normal for a Mondial - sometimes you have to fix what needs fixing. Take a look at some of the threads by 350HPMondial and SNJ5 and you will find owners that have "spared no expense". I'm sure it's a nice car, but beware of your audience. I'm prepping my '86 for a concours and although I know it to be original, in great shape, and I've put a ton of sweat into it, there's no way I'd boast about it in this crowd. (Not that I would anywhere else for that matter, but that's just me.) You have to realize that a lot of guys on here are sort of the cream of the crop (or "the uber they" according to Dr. Strangelove - that was awesome!) when it comes to these cars, and while your description is probably "spot on" for E-Bay you should probably just show it for what it is and let the F-chatters make their minds up for themselves. Be careful, you don't want to be another Casey Putsch - he's sort of the F-Chatter's Steve Bartman (Cubs fans will get that)

9. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Ok, my Mom and Grandma must be making me do this...It's "I'll look it over really WELL". Yeah, so now I am being a D&*K, but come on, you're selling a Ferrari - not a cannoli. Show a little class. Like I said - I know I'm being critical. I'm sure you're a stand-up guy and this is a decent car. My point here is simple - show it for what it is and these guys on here will determine its place in the market. I wish you all the best, and as far as the Mondial - I'm all for saving each and ever one we can for the future. Some day these 2+2's will be pretty cool for people to look at as vintage cars, and I just hope there's a few left without Leopard print seat covers and dice in the mirror.

10. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Independent inspector.

11. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Point taken. Just don't throw me under the bus until there is some evidence of me being a shyster :)

12. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Wow, this is a tough crowd. In the future I'll stick with.... For Sale: CAR.

13. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
  14. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #14 hank sound, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Is Jim L. selling the car -- are you selling the car -- are both of you selling the car? Lots of people ask me "how do I find a good Mondial (all years)"? So, who do I send them to as regards this seemingly beautiful Cab.?

Ain't communication a biatch??!!

Cheers, Hank

15. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    I work for Jim, so you can send them my way....Rick

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Ahh - the fog in my head clears:)

Your company has a wonderful reputation and, as such, I will add this particular Mondial to my memory bank with my brain tab marked appropriately:)

Cheers, Hank

17. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    The only disappointment with the car is that it needs all new seat upholstery. The original is worn and dried out. It’s those east coast guys and that ArmorAll crap LOL. I have a quote from a guy I've used many times for $3200.

18. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I didn't know "the brick" had a camera built in... Oh that was '94...

Robb

19. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    A sudden guilt complex came over me and it was decided to redo all four seats. I'll send pics when it comes back from the upholsterer

20. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Have you talked to Fernando @ PRESTIGE FERRARI UPHOLSTERY? (818) 430-6659 ............ BTW, FERRARI N.A. defers to him.

Cheers, Hank

21. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    No but thanks for the contact. I know a guy who knows a guy. :).

22. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #22 hank sound, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    Dat's cool. You be workin' da shiznitz :) But seriously, Fernando does amazing work and - - he is in a "doable" zip code. It's just good contact info for your files.

Cheers, Hank

23. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner

Fernando's greatest recommendation is to simply look at Hank's seats - they are the best on the planet. To quote another famous Fernando, "Dey rook mahrverous"