Kauai Spotter? | FerrariChat

Kauai Spotter?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Cavallino Aficionado, Aug 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Eer?... I couldn't find any Hawaii threads so I thought I'd share it with the locals here before it gets properly placed by admin...

Anyway, my wife and I just came back from a 10 day stay on Kauai, (our favorie of the islands now). Upon driving out of Hanelei near Princeville I saw a familiar red hew in the distance. A red Enzo buzzed by through the rain and into the rainforest! Took my breath away just like my first sighting 2 years ago on the Champes Elysee in Paris.

Ciao'

Brian

2. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Wow... what a bizarre spotting. Kauai would be the last place on Earth I'd expect to see an Enzo...

Where could you open it up?

The owner of Mr. Frog's dive gear there (Kapa'a) owns a 308... even that seemed like overkill when I couldn't get our rental Forester to top speed anywhere on the island.

Yeah, Kauai is the best island... but stop telling people! ;)

-Tad

3. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    There's also a 250 SWB that lives in Princeville.

4. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    Hmmmm, I heard rumors that there was an Enzo in Kauai. Better send one of our Ferrari guys over from Honolulu to find out who that is? Thanks for the visual confirmation.

5. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    now just where the hell is someone gonna drive that thing faster than 40mph??

I haven't been over the -entire- island yet, but 'road' and 'kauai' don't mix much...

Great place, tho :)

6. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Agreed... Limits do hop up to 50 but then you have to deal with the tourist in front of you doing 45 in a ford Focus rental trying to look at a map (and that little blue kauai book).

:p

7. sjberg40

sjberg40 Karting

Aug 12, 2007
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Saw a 430 in Koloa of all places when I was there a couple weeks ago. And a 250 in Princeville? Wow...

8. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #8 eklover, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    WOW! and I thought seeing an F car in Kauai was crazy...

We just got back Sunday from a 6 day stay in Poipu and I saw a dark blue 360 @ the Costco in Lihue, but an ENZO?!?! wow!!! Supposedly Ben Stiller lives on the island somewhere so maybe one of the Ferrari's is his?

What a place though, I second the notion that Kauai is now my favorite island!

edit: the 550 and 552 roads leading up to Waimea Canyon were some really fun drives although a little scary at times cuz it gets narrow and has some blind corners.

You can open it up a little on the 50 in the southern part of the island.

9. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #9 Cavallino Aficionado, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    Matthew bra!

Have you ever been to Maui and driven the road to Hana? 550/552 feels like I-5 compared to this pigtail-half washed away-overgrown road. I would agree, it is a nice drive!

Brian

10. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I haven't been to Maui yet, we plan on going in January though. Any recommendations? I will look out for that road!

haha yeah the 550/552 was overgrown too, I was doing some hedge trimming around some of the blind corners...

11. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    We've only been in the summer months. Your stay will likely be geared toward the whale watching season so be aware of which way the winds are blowing and where the whales travel. We love the Kaanapali (sp?) Beach north of the Sheraton. Black Rock at the Sheraton is amazing for snorkling and dive down deep enough I've heard you can hear the whales. With all our HI trips we truct the "blue book" for everything! Have fun!

Brian

12. SWIFTVISION

SWIFTVISION Karting

Jul 22, 2007
    Portland, OR
    I got married on Poipu beach....love kauai!