Turnstile in Garage | FerrariChat

Turnstile in Garage

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by shill288, Aug 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Has anyone installed a turnstile (to spin the car around) in their garage? If so, how did it work?

Thanks,

Steve

2. EVONick

EVONick Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    You can get the answer you're looking for from a Chinese restaurant.

Get a large scale model car, set it down on their Lazy Susan, spin it around and say, "Bigger, bigger!"

I'm sure they'll get the idea and put you in touch with the right people.

3. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    There is a guy near San Luis Obispo, California who is designing a super flat turnstile that you can install on the garage floor. I can not remember his name, but he owns a business called "Patio Outlet" in Arroyo Grande, California. You can search by his business name and give him a call. My friend who has a high-end car parts shop in town saw a prototype and he said it worked well.

4. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    There are several in downtown San Francisco. Crate and Barrel has one for customer pick-ups. Drive in a narrow opening - pick up furniture - spin 180 degrees - drive out. Pretty neat.

5. Telerding

Telerding Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    Santa Maria/CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Elerding
    Steve:

I have an Eagle 4 post lift in my garage. It comes with 4 large "caster" wheels that can be attached. Rolls surprisingly easy with a car on the lift. Could be used to turn the car/lift around as well as translate the car linearly.

These wheels are probably available from most lift manufacturers for their products. Of course it won't work with lifts that are permanently mounted to the floor!

Tom

6. daviddavid

daviddavid Formula Junior

May 17, 2005
    Here is a video of a nice system
    http://www.drivewayturntables.co.uk/demo_video.htm

www.360platform.com Uses a Pin Gear drive systems. The "Weizhong Pin Gear Technique" is the method used to rotate revolving restaurants all over the world because of it's smooth running, with less moving parts which in turn means very little maintenance. No chains, belts or friction drive. All bearings are sealed for life. The Pin Gear system allows our turntables to be installed on slopes of up to 30degrees..

The Weizhong car turntable is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. All turntables rotate in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Remote control operation is a standard feature on all turntables.

The Weizhong car turntable offers a complete range of size and load capability from 10' to 60' in diameter, and easy operation with various speed control or programmable direction and function.

7. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I am just curious why?

jay

8. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
  9. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Helpful as ever.

Steve

10. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Because my buddy wants one for his underground parking garage in his home.

Steve

11. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    I missed that at Concorso. Thanks.

Steve

12. bzerkqirk

bzerkqirk Karting

Sep 12, 2006