Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 88 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    My friend spotted a silver SLR Mclaren, Audi R8, and red 599 GTB at Panoz & Paul's on Thursday night.

2. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.

That's a friend of my younger brother, I got a ride in that car last fall when I was down to see him. The guy also has a silver Diablo Roadster...

The owner likes the 550 cause it's less obvious that the Daiblo, he feels he can take the 550 anywhere without really having to worry about being "spotted", he feels the car is very inconspicuous...

3. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    Haha...that's funny. He gave me a ride in both cars and said the same thing. He's one of my dad's friends. I don't think I should go any farther on here than saying Mr. T.

4. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don't know about that one...a white Ferrari kind of stands out, maybe not as much as the Diablo but it still does.

Now for pictures..

Yesterday, Aston at the athletic club on Pharr Rd
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Today...
    Gran Turismo and 57s at werk
    "All Bull" LP640 after werk, car sounds amazing!
    430 Spyder in free parking at Phipps (I swear I see this car 3-4 times a week)
    My favorite yellow Gran Turismo underground at Phipps

Also saw a silver GT-R with dealer plates going south on Peachtree and a Vantage

5. jais

jais Karting

May 27, 2005
    ATL
    I generally like the overall styling of the Aston but the front end looks goofy.

Just got back from my apartment in Moscow (Russia). That place is total heaven for car lovers. I need to take some pictures next time I'm there (October).

6. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    You guys are having some ridiculous spots! As for me - I forgot my real camera which sucked because I saw some great stuff. First was a yellow F430 Spider as ZonderF already posted at Phipps at 5:15. Then came four Porsche Turbo's. I think they were all '07's. Blue, black, silver, and black. Next was a black Lamborghini Gallardo with the top down driving on Peachtree. Then was a red Gallardo Spyder with Matte black and red rims with the plate "RYN KNG" on fraternity plates. Then was a black Maybach 57 and the owner was a 23 year old ******. I said "nice car!" to him (loudly), and he just walked away and acted like I wasn't there. He tipped the valet guy $3 and the valet guy said "Seriously? For this?". Finally was a red F430 and blue Arnage.

7. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I saw this guy when he showed up at Lenox and he was a total jerk. He pulled up, got out of his car and walked in without saying a word to anyone, he didn't even bother to get a valet ticket. The valet guys just sat there looking at each other like "what are we supposed to do with this?"

8. Horse-power

Horse-power Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2006
    Atlanta/Florida
    Full Name:
    West
    #2183 Horse-power, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    #2184 atlSPOTTER, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    Same thing. I bet this guy is some rich heir that hasn't worked in his life. Most exotic owners are extremely nice, mainly because they've worked for what they have and they know it. This ***hole probably grew up with Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Here's a picture of the red Gallardo.
    http://flickr.com/photos/victorcorrigan/2791266346/sizes/l/

10. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #2185 ddemuro, Aug 24, 2008
    Some recent sightings:

Wednesday 8/20:
    - Red Dodge Viper RT/10 at BluePointe's valet.

Friday 8/22:
    - Green Aston-Martin V8 Vantage Volante at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge.

Saturday 8/23:
    - White Bentley Arnage at Clubhouse's valet at Lenox Mall.
    - Black Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder leaving Lenox Mall.
    - Red Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder at Phipps Plaza's valet.
    - Black Maybach 57 at Phipps Plaza's valet.
    - Silver Rolls-Royce Phantom Dropead at the Intercontinental parked next to Intercontinental's "regular" Phantom.

11. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Glad to see I'm not the only one up at 3 am

12. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    Doug, my family was eating dinner at "Grape" where we sat outside (mostly because I wanted to see the valet). I was there from the time that red Gallardo arrived and left. How could I miss you?

13. Horse-power

Jan 29, 2006
    Atlanta/Florida
    Full Name:
    West
    #2188 Horse-power, Aug 24, 2008
    Only one spot today. I was waiting for the traffic signal at Wieuca and Peachtree when I heard a loud and distinctive scream. It was from a 12 cylinder Lamborghini. I finally observed it in my rear view mirror and it was moving. The car was a orange Murcielago with Georgia tags and with a Lamborghini of Miami plaque. The windows had a dark tint so looking in was not to be. However 15 minutes later I observed the car parked with the window open. I approached the car and observed "Bow Wow" behind the wheel. This was my second spotting of the performer - the first was several years ago in Alpharetta on Holcolmbridge Road when he was driving a yellow Ferrari 360 Modena.

14. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    Sick spot, West.

15. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    My dad just got back to Atlanta from Dublin, Ireland and Pharrell was on his flight and then drove off in an ENZO! It was black, and the rest of his entourage drove Escalades.

16. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2191 ZonderF, Aug 24, 2008
    Any ideas on where they were headed from the airport?

I saw an Orange LP640 with "Prestige" plate on the front driving in the rain today...was that the same one you saw West?

And pictures from today...

Z06 Corvette driving in the rain, Vantage at Phipps and Gran Turismo on Peachtree.

I'm not gonna take pictures of the base black Gran Turismo with stock wheels anymore, there are getting to be too many of them and I see 2-3 of them some days. Different colors, aftermarket wheels and of course the GTS are still fair game though

17. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    No idea...my dad said that he thought it was an F430 but a guy next to him had a camera and showed him that it was an Enzo.

And to answer your question to West, it's a yes. So congrats, you've also spotter Bow Wow.

18. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I am not sure because I was going 400 North and he was going 400 South.

Also, just this morning I spotted three S600 - it is no exotic and even though the are 1/3 cheaper than the S65 AMG, they are sold in half the numbers.

19. sprite

sprite Karting

Jun 26, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    You guys get me every time I'm in town lol.

20. TrstFundBaby

TrstFundBaby Rookie

May 18, 2008
    DE,US
    Full Name:
    S.Quandt III

21. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2196 ZonderF, Aug 27, 2008
    This week sucks! Stupid tropical storms. It's so bad that I'm posting pictures of a Bentley GT Speed and an M3.

Saw a silver R8 driving in the rain the other day on Roswell Rd but no pics. Also, there is a white 57s that parks at Terminus almost every single day around lunchtime if anybody is around there and wants to snap a shot of it.

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm in Dublin at the moment and Pharrell was here on Saturday doing a concert. Very cool that he drove the Enzo, I remember reading a magazine interview where he said he only drove it two-three times a year max.

23. Horse-power

Jan 29, 2006
    Atlanta/Florida
    Full Name:
    West
    #2198 Horse-power, Aug 28, 2008
    Hi Andrew, sorry for the late response .......I was out of town. The vehicle I observed Bow Wow in was a older Murcielago model and the car was issued a Georgia tag. Kind Regards,West

24. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Looks like its a convertible M3. Pretty nice man, dont be so hard on yourself.

25. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Pharrell's Enzo, s/n 134282, is the subject of F-chatter NNO's obsession. I've heard the car is in Virginia, but he does indeed own it. Let's be on the lookout!

Also, I forgot to mention that I took a short trip to Ferrari of Atlanta where I was informed the MC12's owner is keeping it for the time being. Be on the lookout for that too!

No recent spots from me due to both a lack of time and some really horrible weather. Hopefully I can get out this weekend.