Fiat repair shops in So Cal? | FerrariChat

Fiat repair shops in So Cal?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Rory J, Aug 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Slightly off topic, I know... but I could use a reccomendation for a repair shop for my Fiat 124 Spider. Anyone have any advice? Any local shops you've seen with Fiats in the service bays?

Thanks

2. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Call Anthony Remicci or his dad Santos at
    SANTOS ITALIAN CAR SERVICE, 8816 AMIGO AVE, (818)-701-1614
    he is on fchat, they do everything. Great family owned biz, they race...enthusiasts, etc, let him know that I sent you and you are on Fchat.

Dustin

3. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Thanks Dustin, before reading this I actually found their business and gave them a call this morning. Looks like their booked until mid next week, but will likely be bringing my car in then.

Thanks for the tip, I'll drop your name.

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Rory, what is exactly wrong with your car?

5. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Well, it's sort of the new "project," so to speak. I bought it recently fairly cheap knowing it had a bit of a starting issue. Owner said it could be difficult to start from cold, though in my first few days of ownership, it always cranked over without much effort from cold, and almost immediately from warm. When it was running, it ran great. Around the third day, after restarting from warm, it ran for a couple minutes, died, and was reluctant to restart. Tried again in a half hour, it did the same thing. Same thing again a third time. Got a ride home, went back to the car in the morning, wouldn't start period. It would crank and crank, but just wouldn't catch. The previous owner said it was a problem that had developed in the past few months.

When the car died on me, it did it at both idle and a steady 3k or so RPM. It's a 1979 carbureted car.

I assume that it's a fairly minor issue (vacuum leak, crap in fuel line, etc). I've got a few other projects that I'd like to do myself, as I'm a big DIY person (brakes, misc cosmetic issues, ect), but would like to get it running first and am willing to pay a few hundred to get it there and then start the other work.

6. Ferdman

Ferdman Rookie

Aug 31, 2006
    http://tonyimportcar.com/home.html

Was looking for a repair shop for my Lancia Scorpion and Zagato. Can't really vouch for them because they didn't actually work on my cars. Went over there to look at their shop and they seem to be on the up and up. Had a Lambo Urraco in there when I went to go check them out. They should be able to help you.

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I work on Fiat and Lancia PM me your info I will call you.

8. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    i drive up Fig nearly every morning to avoid the 110 north traffic...never noticed the shop but then again im usually speeding in the curb lane getting cheap thrills by launching the 4x4 over the crowns/bumps of the side streets.

9. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard

DUH....looked for the plaxce driving in today and didnt see it....no wonder.thats North Fig!! LOL

10. Alicia Alexander

Sep 2, 2008
    I have used Santo for years for my 1982 Spider. he does great work and has fair prices, he's the guy for Fiats.
    aa

11. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Car was dropped off at Santo's last week. Thanks for the input, everyone! Will relate my experiences when I get the car back.