Gedore 8/9 mm double open end wrench | FerrariChat

Gedore 8/9 mm double open end wrench

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by TimCouch, Aug 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    I am in need of an 8/9 mm Gedore Vanadium DIN 895 wrench for a Daytona Tool Kit (I have the other 6 wrenches). If anyone has one or an idea on where I might find one, I would be most appreciative.

2. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    #2 Drew Altemara, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Tim,

I have a 8/9 GEDORE wrench but may not be of the vintage you want. On one side it says GEDORE No. 12 with the 8 and 9 on the ends. On the otherside it says 4140 DROPED FORGED INDIA.

I don't know where it came from probably from an older tool kit but may be current production for all I know.

Just trying to help.

If anyone can help identify I would appreciate. I have the 10-11 and 12-13 for some reason also. I actually use them as they are fairly small and get into crevices well.

Picture attached.

Regards,

Drew Altemara
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    Google Samstag sales. They have period correct Gedore wrenches for late 4cam, early daytona

4. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Thanks Drew. The 6 wrenches I do have are labeled as DIN895 GERMANY on the one side, and GEDORE - VANADIUM on the other. Thanks for the response and your help. Tim.

5. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    John -- thanks. Yeah, that was my back-up plan too. I ordered one -- not sure how close it will match the others, but gee, the price was right...! Thanks loads, Tim.

6. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Hi everybody -- I did take John's recommendation and spend $5.44 ordering a wrench from Samstag. As advertised, its 'close' to being correct, but markings are different and finish is a different color. A great placeholder, but I'm still in need of a wrench if someone runs across a period-correct 8/9 mm Gedore in their loose tools collection. Thanks, Tim.

7. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Correct, the curren ones, although the correct DIN 895 spec, have different fonts and are now black phosphate. You can easily change the coating/plating. Just use a current set, get rid of the black phosphate, and no one will probably be the wiser. Unless, of course, your Daytona is not an early car and should have Everest No. 22 wrenches.

Steve

8. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Thanks Steve. My car was built in May 1972. Does that pretty well lock it in to Everest 22s, or do you think it could have been shipped with Gedores?

9. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Not use to seeing geodores that late

usually 71 is the end of german spanners

No guarentee the tool kit was original to this particular car is there?

10. TimCouch

TimCouch Rookie

Nov 9, 2007
    Tom -- no, no guarantee in any way that this was the original tool kit. Since someone has changed the jack out for a 308 jack, changed out the pliers for a non-Daytona version, and the fuse / lamp holder is missing, there is no telling the true origin and how many hands have been in the cookie jar.