Concorso Arizona 2008 | FerrariChat

Concorso Arizona 2008

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by ENZOSON, Sep 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
  2. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Not to actually "hijack" this thread (well maybe a little) speaking of Concorso Arizona, for you Arizona Lamborghini enthusiasts, we now have a website you can check out: http://www.freewebs.com/azlamboclub/
    There is a link to the 2008 Concorso Arizona in the "Events" section.

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It is a pitty what has happened to this event and the FCA/DR.

It is extremely difficult to pull off an event like this without real sponsorship, staff, judges and cars...... especially at the price point they are attempting to charge. Best of luck to them......

4. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    #4 Allen F, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
    Dean,

The annual Concorso event is supposed to be an opportunity for all Italian car enthusiasts to share their passion for Italian automobiles with the public and in the process raise desperately needed funds for a charity. I have PERSONALLY worked VERY HARD on this event for over a year-and-a-half; why would you put down my personal efforts with ABSOLUTELY no knowledge about what has been planned, who is participating, what sponsors have signed, the amount of volunteers (over sixty as of today), or the need of the charity involved? It is clear that you don’t know ANYTHING and don’t care to find out the truth about the 2008 Concorso Arizona !

For over a year now, I have been very civil and neutral in regards to all of your complaints about the Desert Region. I am tired of your ranting and b****1ng! You have not attended one social, drive, or special event all year; however, you continually act as an authority on the health of the club; yet your statistics on membership and participation are completely wrong. You are the antithesis of an authority! The FCA Desert Region now has MORE ACTIVE members than ever before, we have record turnout to all of our events. I have met many amazing members, and have made new friends (the kind to keep around for a lifetime).

Dean, it is regrettable that you publicly defame and slander the Ferrari Club of America Desert Region. I suggest you put your petty personal differences aside and begin to support the club’s efforts to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. If you cannot then you should keep your personal thoughts to yourself.

For those of you interested in seeing amazing cars, and or helping raise money for the Ronald McDonald House please see the Ferrari Club of America’s Desert Region web site at http://www.2008concorsoarizona.com/.

Sincerely,
    Allen Faulkner
    Concorso Arizona 2008 Chairman
    Assistant Regional Director FCA-Desert Region

5. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I do think it's a bummer that there seems to still be constant animosity between different groups, but then I don't know all of the details. All I know is that I've been to previous Concorsos in the past and have really enjoyed them and it always benefits a good cause. I'm really hoping for a great event this year and hopefully everyone can put their differences aside and enjoy the event, regardless as to whether or not they enter a car. :)

And I hope to see your beautiful Dino out there again this year, Pietro. Always great to see you and your car at different events.

6. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    My plan is to be there Patrick. Bring your equipment - and create art as only you can. And great job on the Concorso website - nicely done.

Cheers

Pietro

7. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Thanks Pietro, I appreciate it. And I'm glad to hear you're planning on making it out.

8. BlahBlah221

BlahBlah221 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Im gonna try to make it out. Isnt it ASU homecoming that day?

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Yep.

10. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'll be there.

11. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    #11 pat_ernzen, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
    Glad to hear it, Jim. Always nice to see you and the Stradale. :)

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

Allen:

When I said it was a shame what has happened... I meant it. The FCA, as any social organization should be a place where people with similar interests can have fun. If that is what you think is going on right now... take off the rose colored glasses.

I don't want to go to war over this, but if you insist....

As for the charity donation. Don't you recall certain, ranking board members who did not want to donate the proceeds? They wanted to keep a majority of the money for the club's profit. That is a disgrace.

As for record member turnout. Virtually every event has the board, and a couple of other people. The pictures tell the story. I am sure that there have been a couple of good events, which is great. But the momentum can't build because in a social group people hang out with people they like and enjoy the company of... not marketed to, hit on for various business deals and some who have been ripped off. All the promotion and phone calls to get people to come out are crazy. In a social organization people come out because they enjoy the company.

The last meeting I attended, where all he club's ills were put upon the "general", was another shining example of passing the buck and being blinded by ambition. When I was asked by the board and I tried to tell the board why the turnout is poor and that the efforts of great guys like yourself just don't come to fruition...... the meeting was stopped and I was told to "F*** myself. Another smart maneuver.

There was the Cystic Fibrosis event that had to be saved by some people who will have nothing to do with the FCA, but did it for the cause.... However, it was touted as another FCA 'success story'...even though there was only one FCA person there.

I have been approached by board members who are fed up with the way that some of the board are basically there for 'perks' and business deals, and they want to throw the towel in.

I am glad that you have worked on the event, but the facts are the facts and all the "Smoke and Mirrors" can't hide the truth. When I wished luck... I meant it truthfully, as it is an obvious uphill climb.

When Alex, Tim, Joe and I put the club together over 10 years ago, it was about friends getting together and having fun..... and guess what..... people came, who didn't need to be called and marketed to. The FCA isn't a business...... It's just a car club!

If you want me to go on, I can. If you want to have a private dialog, call me, because I am not going to do the internet tough guy thing.

13. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    My god is this nauseating. Allen, don't worry for a moment what this guy thinks and keep up the good work. The website looks awesome.

14. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I know I'm not an authority or anything, but I think it would be great if we could all try to keep the negativity and what's happened in the past out of this thread and try to stay focused on this year's event. :)

15. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    +100000000

16. joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl

joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    N. Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I"ll be sure to pass this along to all of the SECC members that have Italian cars who aren't on this board. Feel free to post it on the SECC site also.

17. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks Joe!

18. AllAboutTheCars

Oct 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Evening,

I'm really excited about next months event. We've got great new sponsors stepping up to support the Concorso. Our website is looking hot and people are taking notice. I just spoke to a few collectors who displayed at my Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance a few weekends ago that are researching transport fees etc. to Scottsdale. I'm getting calls from New Mexico, California and even a few from Colorado. Several entities in Scottsdale have helped with formal RFQ's for the 2009 venue I'm searching for and some impressive high-end resorts have expressed interest in talking about a spring or fall date and everything that is entailed. Establishing a solid venue we can return to each year means we can grow this event the way Concorso Italiano initially grew in it's early stages while at The Quail. Having lots of room for each Italian marque, and lots of room for each Italian bike marque will allow for individual judging withing clubs, but also serious overall judging with multiple classes, not just for Ferrari. We will then become a true Concorso.

Ciao

19. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #19 nerd, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
    I sent a PM to "AllAboutTheCars" to get more details, but this appears to be a one-shot advertisement....they haven't logged back onto FerrariChat since posting.

I'm just puzzled that 2008ConcorsoArizona.com is owned by Car PR USA also doing business as globalautomotivemedia.com

Is this a club event with excess funds going to the named charities or is this a for profit event like those they mentoined?

20. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    No kidding. I'm about sic of all this bickering.

21. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Are you planning to attend or do you just wish to donate to the charity?

22. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I've shown cars and my family has made charitable donations to sponsor trophies in two of the past three Concorso Arizona. I'll certainly consider showing a car this year, but I'm curious if the vast majority of the funds collected will again be directed to the named charities. If 2008 Concorso Arizona is a for profit event to benefit the organizing company, FCA-DR and the named charities, that's fantastic.......just different then in the past.

23. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I am not one of the board members organizing the event but, to the best of my knowledge, the proceeds will be donated to charity. It would be wonderful if you and the others would participate. Having 6 or 7 Stradales show up as we did at cars and coffee would be great.

24. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    2008 Concorso Arizona is NOT for profit. The proceeds are being give to the Ronald McDonald House.

Car PR provides marketing and obtains sponsors for this event, and is the SAME company used by the previous Board for the past five years (nothing new).

Can we give the "conspiracy theories" a rest?

Allen Faulkner
    Concorso Arizona 2008 Chairman
    Assistant Regional Director FCA-Desert Region

25. AllAboutTheCars

Oct 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi,

I am just super busy as the event draws near. Thank you for checking out our website. I sure do own the URL www.2008concorsoarizona.com. As part of my services to the Concorso Arizona and Ferrari Club of America Desert Region over the past three years, I work to enhance the event a bit more each year and selected the URL and paid for it. I also pay the monthly charge for the site and will invoice for charges at the end of the event when sponsorship funds can pay for it. It was time for the event to take steps to move to the next level. The first step is to have a comprehensive website that allows entrants an easy way to access entry forms. The site allows prospective sponsors to view past events and learn about the overall program. We can also post magazine articles (Several more are about to break per journalists)We hired an outstanding individual to provide photography and also commissioned him to design the website and host it. Additionally, he is doing our beautiful event book and souvenir poster. We're far from being a "for-profit" event and that is not our intention. Our goal is to present bigger checks to our charity Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix each year to assist with their wonderful services of helping children who need surgery and other medical procedures. Accommodations can run thousands of dollars when a family has to travel for medial purposes. Hospital room nites are insane. RMHCP helps families to offset these expenses and we feel this is a fantastic charity to support. They are also giving back by way of volunteer work before, during and after our event. That's what a good charity does. They help us to successfully help "them". Another major goal this year is to "diversify" and have more Alfa, Fiat, Lancia, Lamborghini, Maserati, Pantera, DeTomaso, Moto Guzzi, Ducati and even Bizzirini and Cisitalia in addition to the wonderful base of Ferrari that attend each year. We want this event to be about "all" Italian machines.

Have a great day!