308/328 poster?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308/328 poster??

Discussion in '308/328' started by st@ven, Oct 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aquavette

aquavette Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    Euless, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Michael

That would probably do the trick.
    The photos I was woking with were 29xx X 16xx or so and were files that were between 1.1mb and 1.2mb
    They start to get just a little grainy up close, but are meant to be viewed from 6-8 ft away...
    (Mine are hung in a room with 18ft ceilings.)
    Text and/or graphics can be added.

Shipping might be interesting.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Michael, I have both the "Man Was Meant to Fly" (Thanks Will!) and the "Decisions Decisions" posters. I also happen to live in the DFW area. If you have access to a high-res camera (I have a 6mp SLR Canon), you're welcome to come take pictures of them.

3. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Barring copyright issues, I would be interested in a copy of the "Man Was Meant To Fly".

4. aquavette

aquavette Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    Euless, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hmmm... I'll have to give that some thought. Never attempted that before, and wonder what my final color output might look like? Thank you very much for the offer, I may PM you if I decide to try!

5. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    I would certainly be interested in the "man was meant to fly" poster too. Yes, we could just snap a High-res pic but we would (or maybe not) have to worry about copyright. Is there a name of company or distributor on the print? Perhaps we could attempt to contact.

I am very interested. Thanks, Michael Brown

6. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #31 st@ven, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    #32 Hans, Oct 14, 2008
  8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    The GT4 is cheating in that last shot....the fighter's wheels are chocked.

9. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yeah i thought of this too but it would be nice to have some "commercial" posters as well.

10. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Add me to the man was meant to fly list.

11. wizig

wizig Karting

Jul 8, 2006
    Leawood KS
    Here is my recollection of the "Man was meant to fly" poster.

Classic Ferrari in Dallas produced the poster. I don't know if they did it in conjunction with others, but they were definitely a source. They gave them out at a "Enzo Ferrari Birthday Party" event that they hosted in their showroom; IIRC it was Feb of 1988 (Ferrari's 90th Birthday, a few months before his death). They may have given them out at other events, but IIRC that was the big event. One of their salesmen sent one of the posters to Italy, and Enzo Ferrari signed it for him (it hung in his office).

We were at the birthday bash, and my poster sat rolled up for a few years. In the 1990s, I saw an ad in the FCA newsletter seeking to buy a poster, the ad was from a "new to him" 328 owner who was ex-Airforce and had flown the same plane as in the poster. Since I didn't feel right selling something that was given to me, and since MDA was the official charity of Ferrari, I sent him the poster and asked that he make a donation to MDA. I don't know if that gentleman is on FChat, but if so, I hope you enjoyed the poster and that you still enjoy your 328.

12. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    So we can just call them and ask. Is that the same as Boardwalk Autogroup? OR, is there someone on here who has a relationship with Dallas Ferrari who has an "in?" Other suggestions?

michael

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #38 jimpo1, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
    Not that simple. FoD has changed hands since the poster was made, and you're correct, it is now part of Boardwalk Auto Group. I'd guess there's nobody still working there that knows anything about it.

AnotherDunneDeal might know something about it, he worked there in the 90's.

Is there any way to scan something that size? I can't believe a photo is the best option for making copies.

14. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    #39 4RE42, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
    1. Scanning: It might be difficult to find a specialty store (not your average copy center) to scan/copy the image

2. Photo: I know it is possible (if using high quality camera) to take a picture, edit it (crop etc etc) and then perhaps print image. Probably expensive though. However, it sounds like several of us really want a copy of that pic (meant to fly) even though it could end up being expensive.

3. Again, unfortunately for us, probably the best (and most difficult) way is going to be trying to track down the original company - (the one that F of D contracted out to)for the right price and interest, I'm sure they could find/produce more.

4. There must be someone here who "knows a friend" or has a "contact" or whatever. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

mbrown

15. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll pay a $100 to the cause to get the posters printed...maybe if a few joined along someone could take the initiative & do the leg work to make this happen...

Maybe someone who has this could let someone borrow (or tip) them for usage to get printed. If there is no copyright info on the original poster I would guess be OK to run re-prints? Dunno I am not a lawyer but makes sense to me?

Be a very cool poster for my office... After spending $800 on head gaskets, $100 on a poster seems a bargain?

Chris

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Use large format color copying, a commercial repro place like Arrow Graphics can do it, they used to be called "cruise prints" I dunno if that is current...

If damaged the original can be digitally repaired prior to final run, this will be an "adder" based upon time required...

It's not cheap but less han $60 each on final product should buy acid free museum quality bond paper.....

I dunno....:rolleyes:

JRV had the wine bottle and sleeping lady one, (maybe 512BB in that one?) it was ruined by water damage in his office along with some real Jay Kokas....

*crying at the memory*

As to the 'legal ', well tell them YOU are paying the bill and they are "gifts".....chill.......

17. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    I'm in if some is moving ahead with the project

18. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    #43 4RE42, Oct 14, 2008
    so I think BIGTEX is right, probably the best way is to digitize everything - from the original. Ok, who has an original who would be willing to do this. Looks like Jimpo1 has it.

Also, who is interested? Should we give a partial down payment to the person willing to track down a great condition poster.
    How much for the down payment? I guess we could all send money orders in the amout of 30.00 dollars and then cough up an additional 30 bucks later on?

1. Geary328
    2. Chrmer3
    3. 4RE42
    4. Wizig -- are you in??
    5. others ??????

Do we all also want to try for the wine bottle, woman, ferrari one while were at it?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Count me in for the wine bottle one!

20. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    I am 100% in.

Ciao

Eugenio

21. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    me too, for both

22. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    MADE TO FLY Heck, I´ll buy two of ém!!!!!

23. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    I just want the made to fly poster.

24. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    I would definately be in for the wine bottle poster.

let me know the details.

25. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I am in for both