2008 Enzo + ? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2008 Enzo + ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by icemanbops, Oct 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    Geez, can we split some more hairs here. Marcel has it right. This was Eisenberg's car. Destroyed in a crash and fire. The new Owner purchased it. Ferrari decided they would "fix" it for the new Owner. This is where things get interesting and I suspect the engineers forgot to check with Ferrari's legal department. Someone at Ferrari made the decisions it would be easier, or cheaper, to just build a new car and use the same VIN. Still no real big deal to bring it back into the United States as a fixed car. I now, I checked with the DOT and EPA for new Owner to make sure. Ditto California. However, CA wanted to see either the original instrument cluster used with the correct mileage, or they wanted to see a new cluster, set at zero or whatever miles Ferrari testers put on, and a plaque fixed to the car stating when the odometer was changed and what the mileage was when it was changed. The Feds didn't particularly car either way. Both worked for them.

However, for obvious reasons, the Owner wanted a car with zero miles and no plaque as he could sell it for more money as a "new" car. I do remember when he was negotiating with Ferrari, I brought up the issue with him to see if Ferrari would give him a warranty with the "new" or "fixed" car? Much to my surprise, they did.

Anyway, call it what you want, that is a new build Ferrari Enzo.

Steve

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sometimes i think most poster on Fchat are lawyers...

3. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hi Mike,

Good to see you are enjoying yourself with the cars. The Veyron sounds amazing, I do agree that the lighter colours show the car and curves off way more than dark. I cant wait to see the pictures!!

Hope all is well and its a shame you cant share your passion with others without all the sh1te. Moving on though.

Regards,

Matthew

4. farbox

farbox Karting

Jul 4, 2008
    So iceman will have two Veyrons as well! Now this keeps getting cooler! He will pretty soon have a bigger fleet of hypercars than some taxi companies have taxis! Super great for you iceman, enjoy it to the max!

Another question:

Did you get a good "deal" from Bugatti? I mean given the current economic climate, the fact that you took an unsold one off their hands, AND ordered a second one, did they give you a discount of sorts, or other perks? Trying to see how the situation is, if I were doing what you have done, for myself!

PS how about a Grand Sport as well? 3 Veyrons to go with 3 Enzos... Seems a nice balance!

5. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Good job, my friend. hahaha You stole the car from under me! I met with Vince at Perfect Reflections in Hayward, CA. He knew that I was looking for an Enzo. But I hesitated. And the next week he told me that the car was sold to a 'fella who alreaddy owns an Enzo in Switzerland' - you. So congratulations. Black on black = very nice. I am proud that the car went to a good guy. Drive them safely, brother

6. MOConnor11

MOConnor11 Karting

Apr 3, 2008
    Arizona
    +1

7. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    So Im coming to Switzerland to go for a ride in your car and maybe do a little snowboarding when im there too.

8. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hey Mike,

Any joy with the pics, first Veyron poster on here that i know of, cant wait!

Matthew

9. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    +1

10. farbox

farbox Karting

Jul 4, 2008
    Iceman where are you???
    We need answers! ;-)
    I suppose if i had 3 enzos and 1 veyron downstairs in the garage, I would hardly ever be seen upstairs at the pc!
    Wherever you are, hope you are enjoying yourself!
    Still would love to know the answers to my earlier questions regarding the deal you got from Bugatti....

11. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Is it soon enough already ;)

we all are still waiting for the pics .

Share the dream ... (as you put it)

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Congrats on the new Enzo Mike!! Enjoy her in good health brother!! :):)

Seeing what supercars you have in your garage is an inspiration to many people here to work HARD and believe in themselves so they can be in the same shoes as you one day Mike! :):)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your wonderful collection also. Your son would have to be the luckiest boy in the world to have a Dad like you. Take care mate and talk soon. :):)

13. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Pics! Pics! Pics!

(;

14. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    #114 icemanbops, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Gentleman

Apologies for the delay. In the South of France at the moment with the family. Looks like I will have to get back to work in a couple of days however I am posting a couple of holding pics of the Veyron which were taken by a third party and sent to me. Having it coated in a revolutionary new wax (we will see).

Colour is fabulous in real life. Looked at an all black one, a all white one and a couple of combinations. This one stood out by miles.

I have also posted a couple of pics of the Black Enzo, whilst it was having a pedal readjustment at my local dealer.

I promise to have a comprehensive posting by the middle of next week of all three cars.

Thanks

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. MOConnor11

MOConnor11 Karting

Apr 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Amazing looking cars!! Love the color combo on the Veyron, and the black Enzo. Can't wait til you post your entire collection!

By the way, is that your garage that the Enzo is in?

16. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Looks like a dealership to me, see the desk and employee....

17. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Gentlemen

Lets not start this again.

I said in my post, "a couple of pics of the Black Enzo, whilst it was having a pedal readjustment at my local dealer".

Yes it was at the dealer. I promise to have the new pics later next week.

Believe gentlemen.

Regards

Mike

18. OutBenchThis

OutBenchThis Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    LA & Australia
    WOW!! The colour combination looks amazing on the Veyron and the black/black Enzo is superb!

19. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    i remember when mike first came on and all called bs... nice photos mike, I have seen a similar bugatti and indeed it was awesome. enjoy the cars

20. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not to worry: He will post a pic of him, ALL the cars assembled, and that day's newspaper, and then (maybe) everyone will have no doubts. Failing that he can simply scan and post their ownership titles.

21. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I wasn't saying that I doubted you, just replying to the post that asked if it was a garage.....

22. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The Bugatti looks fantastic in those colors! The Enzo's not so bad, either.

23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Niki Hasler AG in Basel, Switzerland. Official dealership.
    Marcel Massini

24. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #124 mattymouse33, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
    Mike,

Your veyron is just simply stunning, a real beauty and in a fabulous colour combo. Thank you very much for posting.

I was over in Geneva this year for the motorshow at Palexpo, I took the girlfriend and hadnt been since i was 16, now 29. Lovely place.

All the best and fondues rock.

Regards,

Matthew

25. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

:eek::eek: