Concorso Arizona 2008 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Concorso Arizona 2008

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by ENZOSON, Sep 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AllAboutTheCars

Oct 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you for the kind words. We'd LOVE to have you all in a row. If you haven't already signed up, the forms are at http://www.2008concorsoarizona.com/register.html. When you sign up, please send a photo of your car to [email protected] and I will make sure we post them to our site along with other registrants. We got about 9 new registrants in the past four days, very cool.

2. AllAboutTheCars

Oct 2, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi,

Yes, I own CAR PR USA and several related collector car/exotic car-centric companies and provide PR, Advertising and Event Services. To elaborate, I was the person chosen to spearhead the original Concorso Italiano event for the founders several decades ago when the event was held at The Quail and we quickly attracted tens of thousands of Italian car and bike owners and enthusiasts each year in a single day. I've since worked on major concours and other car events around the country including classic car auctions, rallyes, vintage races and cruises.

The majority of events I work with are 501c3 charity events. After expenses such as venue, entrant meals, printing, permits, etc., a check is typically cut and presented to the charity of choice by the event. Many events remain "local" in nature for years unless someone comes in to give strong PR, advertising and marketing assistance. I've wanted to see Concorso Arizona grow in size, quality and positive reputation since landing in Arizona in 2003 when I first observed the Ferrari cars lined up during the Gauthier rallye launch and I'm working very hard to help make this happen.

The core team I am currently working with includes some board members of the Ferrari Club of America-Desert Region and some who are not. I've found that club board members are typically a unique breed that actually volunteers to take action and make things happen so the rest of the club can show up and enjoy it. Major events, clubs and organizations would be lost without this personality type that is often also a successful corporate professional and for some strange reason can juggle doing fifty things all at once when the rest of us would snap.

It has taken a few years, and a lot of trials and tribulations (as with all events), but it is clear to me that there is now a solid common goal of making this event a successful one for all Italian marques, an event that is driven by a desire to generate revenue for charity through a serious passion for cars and bikes-an event that not only attracts local Arizona participants, but those from all over the country and Internationally. At one point, the concept of moving the event to a different venue each year was discussed. It is now understood that the right venue allows an event to grow by leaps and bounds and the Convention and Visitors Bureaus have been instrumental in connecting us to several impressive resorts and other venues interested in becoming "home" for Concorso Arizona 2009 and beyond. I envision each Italian marque having a sprawling display with their own judging system according to club or other rules they choose, coupled with an overall judged event with Best of Show, etc. I hope you choose to be a part of next months event and grow with us each year.

3. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Thanks to AllAboutTheCars for the perspective and good luck with the event!

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Already signed up.

5. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #30 Under PSI, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
    Now that we have established that the proceeds are going to charity, and that your participation and donation, as well as everyone else's, will benefit such a worthwhile cause, as well as allow you to show off your beautiful cars, I assume you'll be attending? Or was there some other motivation you had when you brought up this issue?

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    PM sent.

7. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My apologies if my comments were insulting. I look forward to talking with you soon.

8. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Not at all, see you soon!

9. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    While I have only been a spectator (and I displayed my GT3 in the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club section you guys gave us a couple of years ago) this event is one of the best AZ has to offer.
    I have been to and organised events in different parts of the US and the Concorso Italiano in AZ is one of the best.
    Hopefully you guys can put the drama aside and enjoy a great event for a great cause.

10. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Thanks Luis. I hope Minnesota is treating you well.

To anyone who's thinking of entering a car, I believe today is the last day to register for this event, so if you haven't registered already, better get on it! :)
    http://www.2008concorsoarizona.com/register.html

11. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I've never attended, but have been told that general parking is a nightmare. Any advice on where to park (not an exotic)?Thanks.

12. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    At the Boulders its a nightmare. Not really any advise to be given.

13. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #38 agup48, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
    If someone wants to pick me up, I'm down to go. I have no other way of getting there other than walking or riding the bus. Forget walking. It's @ the end of N. Scottsdale.

14. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Is it really? I went last time it was at the Boulders and I don't really remember it being bad. But that doesn't mean it wasn't, haha.

15. Ferrari328GT

Ferrari328GT Karting

Jan 6, 2008
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, at the 2005 event at the Boulders, parking for spectators was a disaster. I know several people that drove around the parking lot for a half hour looking for a spot, gave up and went home. My wife drove around for 45 minutes before she found a spot - the only reason she stuck it out was that she had my lunch. I sent an e-mail to Allen asking if there was a better plan for this year, but I got no response. -Steve

16. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Last night at the W there were 4 ferraris (360s and 430s), Rolls Royce Phantom, yellow Gallardo, Maserari GT, several Bentley GTs, etc. There was some kind of fashion show going on at the pool. We were there for dinner in the 430.

17. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Sorry. I meant to post this in another thread

18. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm

Still love your Avatar Steve! :)

19. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    For those of you who know or heard of Andy Falbo, just letting you know him and i will be taking the 430 challenge cars that we raced this season and race trailer there. so come by and check it out.

20. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Anyone going from the Tempe area, I want to go, but I have no way of getting there.

21. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    shameless bump ^^^^ Anyone?

22. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I'm in north Scottsdale, sorry. :( I'll definitely be there, though. Sounds like there's going to be a pretty good turnout and I KNOW there's going to be nice posters, t-shirts and event books. ;)

23. BlahBlah221

BlahBlah221 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Did Pat take these fancy photos for posters and what not? :) Where do you recommend we park if the parking is terrible?

24. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I did, haha. I also designed the site, posters, shirts, book, etc. So hopefully people like them. :)

As for parking, no idea. Like I said, I didn't remember it being bad last time, but being up there again the other day, I started to remember, haha. Hopefully they have something planned to make it run a little smoother this year.

25. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    No problem. I would ride the bus, but I'm not going to walk the remaining 8 miles since there is no stop near there. I'll see if one of my roommates wants to go, but I doubt it.