The Official Honda Thread! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Official Honda Thread!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by AustinMartin, Oct 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    I owned my Accord for the past 3 years since new. only the 2.4L VTEC, drove a V6 3.0 Version as a loan car for service, not too much for a difference, a bit more torque.

I have been looking into the new models and the look of the new Euro version is growing on me. wouldn't mind a V6 version of that.

2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    That is probably true. Like 944 Turbos it seems difficult to find one that has not been thrashed or modded heavily.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I really like the S2000, but considering what else you could buy that would get similar mpg, it is less desirable. Is it short gearing that kills it?

I mean a C5 Corvette can get that on the highway, and it would be hard for me to take the Honda over the Vette, even with the motorcycle redline of the Honda.

4. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Its the short gearing. You have to remember the C5 Vette gets good gas mileage because its 6th gear is nothing more than a gear to satisfy the EPA, its virtually useless.
    Having driven an S2000 I cannot think of ANY and I mean any car as good as it for the price. I mean for 12 grand you can find a good one, its a convertible, fairly new, handles amazing, driving experience/fun/engine/transmission all superb and its a Honda so its very reliable.

5. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    The Del Sol didnt sell well, it was a niche vehicle, sort of a convertible. The DOHC VTEC model commanded a premium over the Si etc So some of these cars were bought and not daily driven as much as the others. IF you take your time and look hard enough they can be found, theres 2 up here in Canada that I know of that have under 80K miles and no winters. To be honest I would rather spend 50% more money and get a similair condition S2000

6. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Yes, very short gearing.

7. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I would still take the Honda. Much more reliable than the Vette!

8. rllucero

rllucero Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2006
    Santa Fe/San Diego
    Full Name:
    richontravel
    I've owned my Ridgeline for a couple of years now and I love the piss out of that car. Great daily driver getting about 23 mpg (combined) and everything always works. Honda builds a darn good vehicle.

9. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    #34 fiorano94, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    I have a Honda (currently not running with a bad tranny, halfshafts, power steering rack, a/c compressor, shocks, brake master cylinder), which is currently in my garage taking up real estate.

It looks clean but is a real POS.

11. HotWls

HotWls Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2007
    #37 HotWls, Oct 23, 2008
    in our family we have:
    4 - 90 through 93 Accords
    1 86 Civic Si
    1 2008 Civic Sedan
    1 2002 Accord
    1 2005 NSX-T

Most Hondas are good but it comes down to how well the car was taken care of. One of the accords has just under 300,000 miles on it and going strong. It also looks new. On the other hand, my sisters car is about dead and really close to being used for parts. (she beats the hell out of them)

Here's a pics of my NSX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Wow, that NSX is GREAT!!!

13. pacacu

pacacu Karting

Aug 30, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I owned a NSX that is just 18 years young. Serial # 913, the first year when it was launched internationally. I also had a MB 280SL pagoda top, several BMW 2002s, a 3.0CSI and a Volvo 1800ES , first generation of the Accord coupe with the 2 speed auto and brief ownership of a Triumph Stag. The NSX is the most fun and quite economical to operate. Parts are getting scared and also pricey with the Yen going thru the roof lately. But value for $$ compared to the Porsche/Ferraris, I still get that grin everytime when I take it out. Yes, I also driven loads of the Integras, GS and the 2nd /3rd generation of the Legend LS coupes in my days. My dream cars would be to re-purchase a 280SL and do a complete restoration, followed by a XKE Series 1 1/2 sourced from the UK. My other car now is a XJ8 3.5 SE.

14. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I am kind of upset that the "import" section has just been merged to the "general discussion" area.

15. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1!!!

16. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Bump! I went to a Honda Performance Development Open House, not really an 'open house'. I got a peek at a Honda S2000 Indy V-8 prototype! It is amazing!

17. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I heard they killed that V8 program. Better off, the S2000 is amazing as is. Not unlike you (AustinMartin), I don't like the obnoxious, overdone...but the subtle cars rock. There will be an S2000 or an NSX (bone stock) in my garage some day.

As it stands, my wife's DD is a Pilot. Best car she's owned, end of story.

18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    pics?

19. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Sadly, I don't have any. They were VERY tight on security at the thing. They will be testing the car here locally, and will get any pictures I can during testing.

20. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    The car is being developed as a concept.

21. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    #47 FLATOUTRACING, Jan 7, 2009
  22. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Welcome! Great photos! Where is the car at in those photos???

23. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    All the photos including the 355 Challenge were taken at Summit Point Raceway in WV (about 1 hour from Washington DC area).