The Official Honda Thread! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Official Honda Thread!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by AustinMartin, Oct 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    What did you do of modifications to your Integra? They are very quick on small tracks, and all the owners (of Type-R Integras) are nothing short of enthusiasts for driving fun.

2. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    My daily driver is an 02 RSX. Get way too much junk from people who assume anyone with an import is just a ricer. I don't claim to race Ferraris and win, don't street race, any of that. Had it on the track once and while it's not the fastest car out there, it is fun and isn't the slowest one on track.

Modifications:
    HKS exhaust
    AEM V2 intake
    Mugen Sport Suspension
    J's Racing front strut tower bar
    Powerslot Rotors with Hawk pads
    Braided brake lines
    Falken Azenis tires
    5Zigen rims

3. tl731

tl731 Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2004
    Staten Island , NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas L.
    #53 tl731, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Pictures?

5. ScuderiaShield

ScuderiaShield Karting

Sep 20, 2008
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I just turned in my '06 Accord 6-speed. Drove it cross country and loved it. Not a bad little car for $28k. My only regret was leasing it for two years. I thought I would get bored of it but I ended up loving it. It was really hard to turn it in.

6. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Those '06 cars are the best looking of all the Accords, the new one just don't do it for me.

*1,800th Post!

7. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    #57 HolyRoller, Jan 8, 2009
    In ancient 2006, I had a paid-for black 2002 Civic DX. 194,000 miles with only one major dealer visit, and then the vent fan quit, so back to Lumberton Honda. I was thinking of getting another car to start with, and then made the further mistake of wandering around the lot, and saw this red convertible that I didn't even know Honda made. "How bout a test drive, sir?" "duhhhhh, ya ..." brought it home two days later but didn't have a camera the whole time I owned it so no pix.

54,000 absolutely trouble-free miles later, took it in for a regular oil change to the new Lumberton Honda place in April 2008. "Oh that's my dream car," said the service writer, "but you gotta see the YELLOW one in the showroom!" which turned out to be a 2008 CR. "bah, I don't like yellow." It grew on me. 20.5k miles so far without a hint of a problem except for the air leaks at the back corners of the roof if it isn't put on just right. I see maybe three S2000s a month around Fayetteville NC, but I've never seen another CR on the road yet, and only one at the very large Honda dealer at Cary Autopark. With the roof off, it can't be beat except maybe by a Murci Roadster, but you do have to make sure it won't rain that day before leaving the roof at home. I do miss the regular convertible top, so now I know I need one of those too, for days when I don't know it will rain or not, and a coupe, for days when I know it'll rain.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Ferariguy3

Ferariguy3 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    Yorktown, NY
    Full Name:
    John
    not a honda driver here. But a honda technician is what i do for a living.

Nice CR. we have a blue one here thats been on the lot for like 6-8 months. They just can't sell it.

9. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    The CR is my dream car, but... in white!

Welcome Welcome!

10. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    The car has been race in various different series such as Grand Am Cup, NASA Honda Challenge and in SCCA in both ITA trim (LS motor) and ITS trim (GSR motor).

In most cases engine modifications are very restrictive to keep costs down. It's 40 over pistons, Comptech header and race exhaust, AEM CAI, Hondata ECU. Currently runs with a built GSR motor that makes about 160 to the wheels. Suspension is a custom Mugen coil over system. Trans is GSR but with 4.9 final driver and Mugen differential. Most of the other stuff is saftey gear.

Brakes are stock expect for race pads, race brake fluid, stainless steel lines and race slicks.

Lota' Fun !

11. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    What kind of safety equipment do you have in the interior(i.e., seats, belts, roll cage).

12. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Great! Sounds like fun :)

13. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    No interior whatsoever. Eight point roll cage with Nascar door bars fully welded into rear shock towers. One Sparce Circuit II HANS compatible race seat with Schroth five point belts and an OMP fire system.

14. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Shouldn't have said interior :D:D:D There is none!

15. boyracerretired

Jan 8, 2009
    central Arizona
    Full Name:
    L.J. (Jim) Brown
    Just found you guys. Thought I would weigh-in on my passion for S2K's. With a long history of sportscars & superbikes in my rear view mirror, the day came I couldn't wait any longer. I lived with the "jones" to own one for 5 yrs. Building a house, traveling, Ducati & CRF riding were just some of the excuses to delay the inevitable. The up-shot is a 2003 AP1 GP White w/ tan interior. I'm glad to say, "it will never be a "ricer".

Driving it is a thousand times better than just dreaming & wishing for it! I can imagine owning it for years to come. After that, I think it goes to my son.

I do mean driving it, (I didn't get it to go "pose")! It has one major assignment, to go play on twisty roads-less-traveled. That's where it proves it's world class pedigree. Driving to Coffee & Car monthly & other sportscar related events is secondary, just added t--d frosting. It's good to have a daily driver to do the routine duties & keeps mundane miles off the odo.

16. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    #66 AustinMartin, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    Welcome! S2000s are amazing cars, very underrated. Pictures! I see that you are a ALMS fan in your profile, are you an Acura fan at all?

17. Benelli90

Benelli90 Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Tate, GA
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    #67 Benelli90, Jan 8, 2009
  18. boyracerretired

Jan 8, 2009
    central Arizona
    Full Name:
    L.J. (Jim) Brown
    Acura's & Honda's have been prime movers in our extended family for over 20 yrs. I've honestly lost count of how many.

My appreciation began with a (now) vintage Honda dirt bike. It was bulletproof. I competed in local enduro events, mostly 50 milers & 100 milers. I could count on roughly a 30% attrition rate for non-Honda competitors. After 3 seasons & several trophies...it never let me down, not once! Case closed!

Some years later I met my current +1. She drove an Accord for the next 15 yrs., a '06 CRV has replaced it. A son's 1st "dream car" was an Acura Integra, it's replaced with a '08 Accord. Boring...there's probably a trillion stories like ours on planet Earth.

My stealth story...I bought a new '85 Si for the family & kept a SUV for my DD. Suffering from Si separation anxiety, I loved to roll the Si quietly out of the garage, in the middle of the night w/o waking anyone. I then drove to the sweetest country road near-by & opened up the Vtec! It really worked the fun-meter!

Coming up with the S2 is driving "The Coronado Trail", (hwy 191, a.k.a. the Devil's Hwy) on the east side of Az. It's infamous for it's hundreds of turns in a 75 mi. stretch. I rode it on my Ducati, it is some kind of intense!

Tally Ho,

19. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I owned a '08 Pilot for 3 weeks until someone hit it and totalled it. I'm shopping forits replacement right now.

20. boyracerretired

Jan 8, 2009
    central Arizona
    Full Name:
    L.J. (Jim) Brown
    [AustinMartin, Quote] Welcome! S2000s are amazing cars, very underrated. Pictures! I see that you are a ALMS fan in your profile, are you an Acura fan at all?

I am a very big supporter of Acura's LMP2 program in ALMS. Being familiar w/ most of the team principals, driver's & crew, is an added boost.

In reality, I'm even a bigger "fanatic" of Ferrari's F430GTC racing programs internationally. They have been enormously successful over the past 3 seasons. In ALMS, Ferrai's F430 teams are Risi Competitione & Tafel Racing, as you probably know.

On a larger global scale the FIA GT2 Championship Series is where F430's have left the competition (Porsche) with little more than crumbs in the points standings.
    Team AF Corse is the "Gold Standard" across the board. I really appreciate that prototypes (LMP) are kept separate from GT's in Euro series'. Also discussed, across the pond, to run GT1 & GT2 separated as well. Again my apologies, if your familiar with this.

I only wish ALMS will let LMP's & GT's run their own races. The speed differential being a universal gripe. Having said this, I recognize the difficulty in scheduling & other logistics involved.

21. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    What class do you race in, in HC? Were you at nationals?

22. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Raced in H4 on 2004 and 2005. Won the East Coast Honda Challenge Series both years in H4. We didn't have Nationals back then.

In addition I won the 12 Hours of Summit Point in 05 and 08 and ITS titles in SCCA in 07 and 08. Finished 2nd in ITA in 06.

It's quite a competitive car.

23. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    #73 AustinMartin, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
    Awesome! The Honda Performance Development(HPD) facility is about 5 minutes from where I live, know alot of the guys over there.

Love Tafel and Risi. I was fortunate to meet all the drivers for both teams at Long Beach, all of them were amazing guys.

24. boyracerretired

Jan 8, 2009
    central Arizona
    Full Name:
    L.J. (Jim) Brown

How 'bout trading places? At least during the racing season. Baring that, how 'bout the S2 carry my sorry behind to LB this year? Otherwise, I was headed for SLC.
    J. Melo & M. Salo are phenom's in the talented driver category, Jim T's. not such a bad guy either!

Curious if you follow FIA GT, LM Series (Euro), LM 24 hr., etc. Re-F430's racing in Europe; if your not already, your just the right guy to enjoy keeping FIA GT Champ. Series on your "favorites list" to follow '09 season. Life isn't the same without.
    Also, are you familiar w/ "Racing Sports Cars" website? I'm guessing you are. It's incredible "eye candy" & reference source for all commited enthusiasts.

Now back to Honda biz. Honda announced dropping all plans for it's new S2K by 2010 & current model as well. However, a very classy "OSM" concept roadster was just unveiled @ the British International Motor Show. Is it possible the boys @ HPD could & would be willing to shed some light on Hondas' plans. Hope reins eternal! Maybe a PM is best for this subject.

Last but not least, do you have Coffee & Cars there?

Jim B

25. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    #75 Freelander, Jan 13, 2009