Can you drive through a tunnel without smiling? | FerrariChat

Can you drive through a tunnel without smiling?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by cat1pro, Jan 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I just drove through the tunnel on US1 south of Broward Blvd and I can't stop smiling. Anyone gone through that tunnel without a smile?

2. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    That is one of my 'happy places'............ :D

3. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
  4. RedTanF430

RedTanF430 Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Ken
    just pop open the valves and giggle.

5. WIND

WIND Karting
    BANNED

May 10, 2005
    LIGHTHOUSE POINT,FL
    Full Name:
    MARK KAHN
    ULTIMATE NOISE
    sounds like the (RAFTER F22 FIGHTER) ....AFTER BURNERS....with vibrations

U turn...could not resist

6. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    i totally wanted to do the u-turn but thought that was ridiculous

7. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    It's even more fun when you're driving Southbound in the Northbound lanes...:confused: :eek:

8. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Valves? :D

9. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    Exhaust valves....

10. bigdog68

bigdog68 Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Sean Fowler
    Ahhh yes tunnels are great, hell I even like getting caught under the expressway and reving up all 12 cylinders for all to hear, sometimes I drive through parking garages just to hear the car and set off car alarms!

11. RedTanF430

RedTanF430 Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Take Palmetto Park Rd exit from north I-95, head west and let it rip through second gear as you come back under 95. Sure to create smiles and goose bumps. LOL

12. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #12 captwillieb 328gts, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    You rev-up all 12 cylinders together, one at the time or in a certain pattern?

14. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Tunnels are the best, glad that you discovered them. The U Turn is not that ridiculous, i am sure at least not on a car board.

15. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    yes i had to get off 95 to drive through the tunnel again....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #16 Nembo1777, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
    Hello all from a cold Burgundy (the region not the wine):

There is a video somewhere of Steve V. of California (SJValin I think is his fchat name), me and his Daytona going through the Ft Lauderdale tunnel the day he bought it from us at MCG...this was summer 2004.

My Khamsin sounded very good in there too:) I could go faster because unlike the Daytona it has something called brakes!

The best way to "do" that particular tunnel is to be rid of traffic so approach it as slow as you can but staying ahead of any traffic (watch for bubba pick up truck and ricer brats) then nail it as you enter the tunnel with windows open of course. The problem though is that it has such vertical curvature that 100mph is the safe limit as north bound trafic awaiting for the Broward blvd light can back up down into the tunnel.

I used to drive through the neighborhood south-east of the tunnel to find myself at the exit of the last street from which you are allowed to head north through the tunnel: it just has a stop sign so you just wait a couple of minutes for zero traffic: the traffic lights soon give it to you and go:)

SAFETY: if going northbound people coming from Las Olas onto US1 try to cut towards Broward Blvd west which is forbidden but they do it anyway, particularly at night: there have been fatal collisions so bear this in mind don't be the idiot youtube Ferrari crash of the month.

On a lighter note I once had my heart in my mouth in the tunnel: I was in my 944S2 heading south during the day, there was little traffic, I was on "pole" at the Broward southbound light so saw 95mph at the bottom of the tunnel...and a police car with lights ablaze behind me ohhh s***! Sing sing here we come...but he was in the other lane and just went by me even faster, heading to a call, the three cops inside sort of just looked at me with raised eyebrows and were gone: phew!:)

As always don't overextend your driving ability and respect others safety.