Straw Pole-Does anyone look at Autotrader for Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Straw Pole-Does anyone look at Autotrader for Ferrari?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Long-wheelbase, Feb 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Long-wheelbase

Long-wheelbase Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Thinking of using Autotrader to advertise my Ferrari for sale.They seem expensive and more towards volume cars.Any thoughts?

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Bought my gt4 from Autotrader.Think anyone seriously looking for a car will be watching all the sites.

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I agree with GT4ME - I looked EVERYWHERE when shopping for the right 328 last
    year... never found anything not on the web, but were I selling I'd advertise in
    Autotrader as well.

Jedi

4. DKHudson

DKHudson Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Durham, UK
    Full Name:
    David Hudson
    Like others I bought my car from an AutoTrader advert. Like them or loathe them, they appear to be the biggest!

Incidentally PistonHeads.com is surprisely good, I got a few of bites from there when I was selling the XJ-R and it was free.

That said, a couple of the PistonHeads buyers were deranged:

buyer 1: was very keen, made arrangements to travel from Aberdeen... could I keep the car for him etc. etc. Postponed viewing arrangements just before viewing, on a thin excuse, never heard from him again.

buyer 2: A Mr Peter Giles, couldn't be more definite, he was in Norwich but would fly up to Glasgow to see the car the next day, he would have cleared funds and if all was okay, we'd go to the bank and it would be paper CASH there and then... (trader I suspect). He e-mailed to confirm, rang again and then e-mailed his fight details. So 'muggins' went to the airport and met... nobody. No excuse, no e-mails,... Very impressed, I was!!!!!!!!!

So beware of idiots?

David

5. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Pistonheads is a good place to advertise. Auto Trader is good too, but if you are going for the magazine try Top Marques, it is for classier and more expensive motors.

6. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    +1 When buying any car, it makes sense to look everywhere. I bought mine through eBay though (5 excellent years ago).

Regards

Nick

7. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    PistonHeads and Top Marques are good for Ferrari. As already mentioned, AutoTrader is for more run of the mill stuff!

8. neil-f

neil-f Karting

Feb 6, 2008
    UK
    I have sold previous Ferraris via FOC site & PH and these are both free ads!
    Serious people on the look out for a car will look at all the places to advertise so as well to go for the freebie IMHO.
    Bought my Srad from CS ad also free.

9. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I bought my 360 via PistonHeads. I looked at the FOC site as well as Top Marques magazine.

10. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    I advertised my 308 on PH , FOC Cs etc , got no joy , stuck it in autotrader it sold within 3 days for the price advertised at.

I also bought it out of the autotrader , thinking back

11. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    Bought my old GTC out of the Autotrader. Current car from a PH advert/Ferrari website.