16M... not | FerrariChat

16M... not

Discussion in '360/430' started by Swiss Frank, Mar 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I've searched my soul seeing if I just have a grudge, having gotten an F430 spider for Christmas.

I don't think so.

I'd like the 16M exhaust note and higher power. I'd like the lost weight where it doesn't show.

But I'm just thinking: I prefer the Spider's front, back, interior, wheels, and can't believe the badges they add on. And the name just doesn't have a good ring to me.

Am I alone on this?

And, any idea how much the 16M hardware REALLY differs from the Spiders? For instance is it just the exhaust and engine controller? Can you extrude-hone your ports and have a 16M motor? Or are there specific parts that differ?

Finally why didn't they make a more special model (eg Superamerica) with a truly different roof concept? (My personal dream would be one with the lower-half-doors part of of the chassis, requiring the roof to be open to get in, but in turn making the car stronger and lighter than the coupe instead of weaker and heavier.)

2. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I think the way the 16M was designed is ideal for buyers, and yes, from what I have heard there is a big difference with the standard 430 Spider

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'll let you know for sure in a couple of months. Hope to have mine the first of May.

4. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    too subjective when it comes to looks. Go with what your heart desires

5. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Why don't you create a post of differences between a 430 Berlinetta and 430 Scuderia? That will tell you what the Scuderia treatment is. It is as big or bigger than the differences between a CS and a 360. You are miles off if you think it possible to change an exhaust and engine controller. Just think about it - Scuderia is as quick around Fiorano as an Enzo!!! Better yet just drive the car and then you will understand. Completely different animal as noted by anyone who had a 430 and now has a Scuderia. Who cares about minor decorations and badges - it is all about the driving experience

6. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Last week I drove the first 16M to arrive in the United States (at the Auto Gallery). I assure you, the performance is substantially better than my 07' F430 F1 Spider!

Tim

7. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
    cool, I like your Black Lady / sorry I have only red 16 M photos