which event are you going to | FerrariChat

which event are you going to

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by irondogmike, Mar 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

what event are you going to for 2009

1. [url]www.concorso.com[/url]

2. [url]www.montereybayconcours.com[/url]

3. not sure

4. don't care

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #1 irondogmike, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    with everything thats been said and with the new owners of CI thats trying to get a venue on the ground at some golf course and with a new event thats coming to town at the Black Horse and already has the go ahead,have you decided where your going and if your going at all at this time,note they are on the same day you can't go to both or can you?

2. EB847

EB847 Rookie

Mar 7, 2009
    restricted from posting a poll (lame). i'm not subscribing as i own a porsche, but...

my father is taking his 62' ferrari to monterey bay councours and several family members will also be attending.

3. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    good choice

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

CI went into the crapper the day they left Quail Lodge. It has developed into a venue for mostly newer cars. I've been in Monterey that weekend for many many years, but I plan on taking a long break at this point.

5. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I plan to make it a week in Monterey this year, anyone have advice for what to catch & what to miss for a first timer?
    Thanks
    Bill

6. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky
    It's not a favorite, but as long as I'm there I go to the Memorabilia Show in Monterey on Wednesday and find something to buy that I didn't know I had to have before I went (It's at a hotel, Maybe a Hyatt??? I don't remember for sure but I stay at the Holiday Inn next door) the Pebble Beach parade in Carmel on Thursday (I forget it's official name) is great, although it has gotten WAY too crowded, CI on Friday (although I am undecided this year as there is another option - may go to both - definately won't go the the airport), Monterey Historics on Saturday afternoon, Khakis on Saturday evening (surprisingly entertaining show - definately one of my favorites) and as long as I'm there, Pebble Beach on Sunday - usually not my type of cars but the inbred blue bloods and their outfits are entertaining. Friday and Saturday nights I go the the RM auction at the Portola Hotel. The auctions are a surprising amount of fun even if you don't bid - a lot of money changes hands.

7. EB847

EB847 Rookie

Mar 7, 2009
    i sent you a pm. it doesn't show i have any in my sent box though.. try and pm me if you don't get it. i have lot's of suggestions for you.

8. RRRREDRVR

RRRREDRVR Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Aptos CA
    Full Name:
    M Kitchen
    Your poll doesn't include all the options that may be available. Personally, I'm going to The Quail on Friday. However, I know the FCAPR is still working on putting on their own officially sanctioned FCA Concours SOMEWHERE that week. It could be part of one those two, BUT it could be somewhere else on a different day (maybe Thursday). Also, don't forget the Concours on the Avenue in Carmel on Monday (Ferrari's and Porsches only). That's a FABULOUS event! I'd wait a while before making premature commitments (like I did last year at CI, and then cancelled when I heard it was the airport...by then it was too late to get Quail tickets).

9. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    good point

10. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    come on,only 39 voted,this is a very nice event,are you going?