F355 BRLINETTA AC VENTS PROBLEM | FerrariChat

F355 BRLINETTA AC VENTS PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GABU, Mar 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    I have a 1998 F355 Belinetta and i've been told that the the apparatus that opens and closes the ac vents is not working and needs to be replaced. The ac works fine and send COLD AIR however it looks like one vent is closed and the other half open as the air is almost not coming into the cabin... you could only feel it thru the foot rest but in the hot days of south florida is like being in a oven.
    The only controller that I found on the RICAMBI AMERICA WEBSITE DRAWINGS is a 1800 ... controller ......... is that the one ? thank you !

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

If the air deflection is not working and you are certain it is the little motor, then this is what you need:

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=254040

3. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH ... ! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I ACTUALLY POSTED SOMETHING AND I JUST CANT BELIEVE THE SPEED !! THANK YOU !

4. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    check your pm's

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Are you referring to the vents themselves that are not opened? The 3 dash vents have no electrical opening to them, they open and close by turning the dial at the bottom of each one. I have seen them closed and the plastic dial mechanism break keeping the vent closed .. Make sure all 3 vents are opened and you can see the flap in the back opened..

6. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Daniel, what does this part do? When you turn the HVAC knob to vent, it deflects the air towards the vents and not feet, etc?

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

It moves the air deflection flap around on the evap box.

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thanks, good to know....

9. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    well after a bit of work I was able to get the motor out. It is a very tight spot and you cannot see the screws..
    since i am a big guy i had to remove the passenger seat to be able to work.
    Finally after removing the motor i plugged it back up and powered up the car and and it does not rotate when you move the switch bet the different selections .. feet, dash up front or down ... it is always in down, which means that he little bastard stopped working for some unknown reason... i will order a new one from RICAMBI and install it back up next saturday.

10. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    After installing the new Actuator on the air box the vent still dont work.
    I plug the actuator and when you power everything up and you activate the switch in theory you should see the actuator move ... however it does not ..
    you switch the position from top to front to bottom and nothing ... ! I looked for fuses and there are none .. s if anyone has a clue .. please let me know.

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I would think somewhere there is a fuse to it---maybe combined with something else....

12. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    Did you ever solve this problem?

13. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    problem solved !! it was a small little motor recommended by ricambi america.
    The little gears in the original motor were dried up and somehow they broke.
    it is amazing how such a beautiful and expensive car can be mace with such low quality parts. I GUESS IT IS ALL ABOUT LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT kinda thing !

14. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    Thanks for the follow up!

15. ready321now

ready321now Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey

I have the same problem. SO, if it was not the evaporator unit...what part was actually broken?