Pirelli P-Zero Rosso versus Bridgestone Potenza | FerrariChat

Pirelli P-Zero Rosso versus Bridgestone Potenza

Discussion in '360/430' started by 430spider, Mar 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 430spider

430spider Karting

May 12, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    James Warden
    I know this tire thing has been discussed numerous times but I wanted to share this information. I would like to know others experiences and thoughts. I just picked up my F430 Spider from getting it's yearly service and was talking to Alan @ OC Ferrari and he mentioned my rear tires are worn out. I told him yes and that I was planning on changing the Bridgestones for Pirelli's. I had heard that the Pirelli gave you a little better performance. He when told me that recently they have been having an problems with F430 having tire pulling issues on new cars ? Even after numerous alignments and this has happened numerous times. He said he was not sure if this was something new or what but did want to pass on this information. Anyone else have similar issues ? I have had no issues with my Bridgestone's but of course want the best performing tire on my F car.

2. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Can you elaborate? My 2005 is on its second set of Pirellis which I like fine. I had the alignment adjusted when the second set went on. It was slightly out but I understand they come from the factory "close" but not very precise. I've decided to use Michelins for my third set. Just curios, how many miles did you get out of the Bridgestones?

Dave

3. 430spider

430spider Karting

May 12, 2006
    North Tustin
    Full Name:
    James Warden

I got 5800 miles on my set of Bridgestones ...

He mentioned that he had a some problems of late with cars having tire pulls all using Pirelli's and the tires were new ? Not sure what that means just trying to see if any one else had a problem similar ... My car has run straight as an arrow since day one ....

What kind of milage did you get from yours ?

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think I took the first set off at about 9K miles. I did some tracking with it but I'm not prone to jackrabbit starts. They weren't completely worn out. The rears go first, of course, but I bought all four at once. The set I have now looks like it will not make 9K, especially if I track it some more. BTW, I'm not sure Pirellis are readily available anymore.

Dave