Help in the Wash. DC area | FerrariChat

Help in the Wash. DC area

Discussion in '308/328' started by bigdreamer, Mar 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigdreamer

bigdreamer Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Wash. DC area
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Well I got to get some advise on checking the ignition on my '81 308. I'm planning to upgrade to the Mallory system maybe next year. In the meanwhile I need to know if one or both of my 801A ecu's are bad. If anyone lives nearby and drive an '81-'82 308 or even a Mondial can help diagnose the issue(s) I would greatly appreciate it. The car won't fire and drips gas at the throttle lever spring. I thought the ignition issue was fixed by the shop but......

2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Have you called Richard or Fernando at Competizione?

3. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
  4. bigdreamer

bigdreamer Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Wash. DC area
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    They worked on the car. I got a BIG bill. Just want to know if its the ecu's and not something else. Now if I just plug in one of the ecu it should still start. What are the chances of both crapping out? Why would gas drip in that area? I will call Competizione anyway.

5. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Well the car is 28 years old now so its possible they could both have gone at the same time. It might help more if we knew what was fixed. Could it possibly be the FI computer? There is a solenoid in there that can go bad. The leaking fuel issue may not be related. Truthfully, they always stand behind their work so I would definitely call them back to diagnose.