Meadowbrook | FerrariChat

Meadowbrook

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Apr 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I will be there with 0846 and Dino Competizione. Anyone else going?

2. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Sweet! Are either going on the tour?

Do you know what the featured marque/display is?

Can't Wait!

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes will do tour.

Not sure.

Best

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    from mbhconcours.org
    Our 30th Anniversary show will feature “The Best of Detroit”, The 100th Anniversary of Morgan and a celebration of British Sports Cars, “Fins and Chrome: The Convertibles of 1959”, Packard V-12, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Featured Museum – The Gilmore Museum, Swoopy Coupes and British motorcycles. Our Motoring Tour- the Birmingham Tour – will visit the Birmingham/Bloomfield Hills area. We will celebrate our 30th with a Black Tie Gala on Saturday. Our highly successful Automotive Seminars will return again this year. As always, the prestigious RM Classic Car Auction will be on Saturday as well.

it kills me that it's the same weekend as FCA National

5. wizzells

wizzells Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well, I wasn't planning on going this year. Now I will be there for sure! Thanks for the heads up.

6. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    I judge there,so I will be going,
    I recommend not doing the tour
    I did it in and 8C2300 then the 375mm
    parade laps
    underwhelmed

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #7 F1tommy, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
    I plan on going Sunday, but I will be up at Road America part of the week for the FCA event. Maybe you can bring the P4 and Dino to the Brian Redman Historical races the week before since your sort of in the area anyway. You will enjoy RA also.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo model contest and photography/art display-Chicago
    April 25th 2009

8. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I cant wait to see your cars. i will be there photographing the event again this year.

in case anyone has not been to the event here are some photos. Up front there are usually new sports/super cars and then the show is in back. ( http://www.speed-photos.net/Automotive%20Photography/654496 )

9. TLKIZER660

TLKIZER660 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004
    Québec
    I'm torn regarding whether I should leave Elkhart Lake really early Sunday morning and stop by Meadowbrook on Sunday on my way back to Quebec City. The only problem is that I will be driving my restored 69 Queen Mother and I know from past experience that the public parking at Meadowbrook is dusty, dirty, not at all secure, and far from the concours. If I could arrange secure parking, I would definitely go to Meadowbrook in the hopes of meeting some of you guys.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bryan, can I assume you will be at FCA2009 and not attend Meadowbrook?

Tom Kizer

10. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Yes, Dad will be at the FCA National w/ the Mondial. He will also have it on the track (but not as part of the Historic Challenge races). I will not be there. I pretty much depleted my balance in the old marital bank between Monterey and Cavallino; plus I just bought a project 1965 Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale, so I'm on pretty thin ice. The apartment above Jim G's new garage may be the most brilliant idea I have heard in a while.

We will make Meadowbrook someday, just not this time.

11. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    My wife, Sue & I will be there again this year. I would very much enjoy meeting you and seeing two (2) of your cars up close.

I'm still looking forward to the day I can get a close look at 002C.