Oregon's Random Insurance checks. So annoying! | FerrariChat

Oregon's Random Insurance checks. So annoying!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by highway, Apr 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. highway

highway Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Anyone else been hit with this? Getting soooo sick of being randomly selected to provide the DMV the same policy over and over again.

For me, since I have a few cars I have a policy that allows me to just call in on the day I want to drive one of my cars and insures the car for that day. What do you guys with large car collection do for insurance? Not that I have many, but just the 5 I have are sometimes a pain to deal with for insurance without putting them all on full coverage and having a huge insurance bill.

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    That is the only way to do it is thru the companies that offer blanket coverages. Personally owned vehicles can get blanket coverage thru Chubb, Fireman's fund, and I believe Hagarty and maybe some others. Those companies are very expensive though to garner blanket coverage. Especially in compairision to the likes of Allstate, St Farm etc that allow you to suspend covered on the cars that are parked. They still cover them but only for comp ( fire theft and vandalism).

The other option is to get a dealers license and insure them commercially, then you get blanket coverage. This option still more expensive then the Allstates of the world

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    ALL I can say IS CALL Mike...SPEED here, HE has been doing ALL my insurance for years, Cats Exotics, Fire Protection Inc, my private stuff...REALY REALY warks hard for you and gets the best coverage at the BEST RATES!

Worth the call!! AND HE IS IN PORTLAND!!

Here you go!

Michael S. Mansfield
    Licensed Agent
    Assurety NW, Inc
    8931 SE Foster Rd Suite 200
    Portland Or 97266
    503-205-8133 Phone
    503-205-7033 Fax
    www.assuretynw.com

4. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I have 4 cars; all are insured "full time" with a very decent rate through Farmers.

Thought they did away w/ blankets years ago. Well, at least many years ago when I had one, they stopped (don't recall what insurance CO).

5. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

OMG a compliment from Mr Cats???? I am going to frame this for all times you yell at me for interupting you :)

Thanks Roy

6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I am fair...when a good job is done it should be noted and let others know!

And I yell at you because when I call I JUST want a Yes No answer not a 5 minute speech about your dog, in the pick up truck and the sun over the bridge on your way to work felling tired becuase you stayed out to late the night befor and drank the wrong stuff etc etc etc...I AM NOT your MOMMY

7. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Gotta say, when Roy calls anymore, I just keep quiet, listen to the question answer yes or no...then it's my turn to ask questions! It's a subtle technique I learned long ago...answer the yes/no questions then ASK the questions that need more than a yes or no answer...LOL...if he could get away with "Ask Kevin" when I'm asking the questions I think he'd do it! LMAO. Probably a good thing I'm not in his office every day!

But yeah...safe to say Roy hates the long winded answers, if you want to hear heavy breathing and not have to pay for it, answer maybe to one of the yes or no questions or try hitting him up on a Monday and going into a "story"...is that a dial tone I hear? LOL.

8. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

LMAO!!!

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I use Chubb. It actually ended up being cheaper than State Farm once we rolled houses, cars, liability, etc. into one package. And Chubb's customer service is hard to beat if you actually have a claim-- that's what sold me on them.

The only downside is that they don't do motorcycles. But there are several other carriers who do, and it's not expensive.

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Chubb is the best out there for sure, claim service, coverage etc however they can be a little more expensive than others without all the bells and whistles

11. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #11 rynoshark, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    I use Chubb as well for 4 (out of 5) cars and they were great when I did have a claim. Chubb just introduced a new rating system THIS MONTH so all my rates dropped drastically (~30%) under their new rating system. I'm not sure what changed about their rating but I have a clean record. I was actually just about to look at Hagerty or Grundy, but now Chubb is just as competitive and with less restrictions. No tickets in 9+ years (and no speeding tickets in 15 years) or accidents in 14+ years. Knock on wood.

(Ok...I did have 2 "accidents" racing on track, but those don't count, particularly since I was only at fault for 1 of them. Probably to be expected out of 50+ race starts ;)