Cannon Beach info needed | FerrariChat

Cannon Beach info needed

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by lighthouse_queen, Apr 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lighthouse_queen

Jan 11, 2004
    Eugene, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Lowell Gerry Swartz
    Is anyone going to Cannon Beach? We need info on the tour over from Portland on Friday and how do we register for the dinner? There wasn't any info in the last newsletter.
    Thansk for any info you can pass on
    Gerry-Eugene

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would recommend you contact the event organizer, who should be listed in the newsletter. Their name, phone number and email are always listed at the end of the article, and also their contact info is listed in the event calendar, which is usually listed on page two.

3. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    [email protected]

4. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    they talked about it at the meeting today at RT gran turismo. they didnt get it into the newletter in time. I believe they will be sending out an email about cannon beach

5. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    Is there a date? I'd like to come down for one of the days.

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    may 1,2,3

7. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I will start a thread tomorrow for Cannon with details but leave out members only info

8. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    We know a few of the local businesses and trust me when I tell you they ALL NEED our help. Spend money with them. I know your and my wife will have no difficulties. :):)

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It was kind of slow there today, although the rain didn't help.

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Oh you know they wont :)

11. Rovente

Rovente Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Christie
    I don't know what you are implying. I have never spent more than $100 at Cannon Beach on the weekends I have been there. A pair of shoes from the Purple Moon....some flannels jammies at that one shoppe whose name I can never remember...a sweatshirt cuz I forgot to pack one. Cheap stuff...sparingly.

12. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #12 2000 456M, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Is the sweatshirt place you're talking about El Mundo for Men (across the walkway from Pizza a fetta)? I must have bought dozens of hats and shirts for family members there over the years. The Bistro on the north end of town is one of our favorite places for dinner. Also like Newmans at 988. Haven't done the EVOO cooking school yet. Anyone tried that?

I think that the big ticket gallery items--paintings, sculpture and jewelery--are going to be hardest hit by the downturn.

13. Rovente

Rovente Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Christie
    we eat at Newmans every time we go...are you talking about the Gower Street Bistro? Little French Charcuterie place? Love that! Awesome soups and cheeses.

Have never done EVOO but doing it this time since we're staying a full 2 weeks...

14. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Newman's is the best food in Cannon Beach. Gower Street Bistro is no more, although its been replaced by a similar, but IMO slightly better, place.

My wife has done Evoo classes several times, and I've had their catering. They are great-- highly recommended.

15. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    We'll be there again this year! I think I let my club membership lapse... better renew it quick. :)

16. 2aftercannonball

Sep 23, 2006
    How many specialty cars show up for that weekend? I've never been.

17. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #17 2000 456M, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    As Don said, the Gower Street Bistro is gone; The Bistro is on the north end of Hemlock just before it turns right. The sign is old fashioned with a man holding some fish on a pole, IIRC. Entrance is on the side of the building. Small bar at the entry and dining room to the left. They usually have a guy playing guitar during the dinner hour (looks a little like James Coburn--or used to). Very good food, although they rarely offer more than a half dozen or so entrees. Nice ambience-romantic, not kid oriented, to say the least.

18. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Define specialty please. I have seen as many as 60+ F cars of various age and stature (288GTO, F40) to (cough) Lambos and even an SLR (cough) and Astons (cough). :D:D

19. Rovente

Rovente Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Christie
    gone since last November??? <le sob>

20. 2aftercannonball

Sep 23, 2006

Your examples nailed it. I'll be driving one of those "cough" cars. :)

Thanks

21. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    #21 donv, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    The Bistro used to be a favorite of mine, but I haven't been back in a few years. It's been advertised for sale for years, and I've wondered if that has impacted the quality.

These days, I only seem to go to the Lumberyard, the Wayfarer, and Pizza a'Fetta. Oh, and Seasons Deli, which is my favorite lunch spot.