Scuderia over msrp | FerrariChat

Scuderia over msrp

Discussion in '360/430' started by havoc, Feb 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. havoc

havoc Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Illinois
    If anyone has recently purchased a new Scuderia, can you tell me are they still over list?

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    They are MSRP if you have somewhat of a relationship with your dealer. Under MSRP soon. Time is running out to order a new one as production is over this year

3. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    No one should pay over list. I know of 4 Scuderias that can be had right now for MSRP at dealers. All of them are on the east coast. I'm sure there are others through out the US.

4. SpecialK43

SpecialK43 Karting

Oct 12, 2007
    Kzoo, MI
    Full Name:
    K Russell
    I laugh at anyone who spends anything over list in this financial climate. That goes for any car, not just Ferrari.

5. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Was just offered a new 2009 Scuderia for $10k back of list! I'm not sure it makes sense to pay $290,000+ for '08s with a few miles when the new '09 that was offered to me had a MSRP around $307k and was $10k back. A NEW '09 at $297k makes more sense than a used '08 at $290k all day long.

6. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Bought a new (09) Scuderia today - at sticker. I called every dealer in the country over the last five days, sticker was the best deal that I came up with for a new, untitled car.

Tom

7. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    agree. current asking prices on used scuds are not justified right now.

reminds me of earlier this year when i bought a new truck ... made absolutely no sense to buy used (which i normally would have preferred) as dealers were giving away new trucks yet everyone was still trying to get last year's pricing on used.

8. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Just got my '09 Scuderia at MSRP.

9. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    There are a few on the west coast too. DONT spend a dime over sticker. When the 430 replacement come out the Scud will drop in value. Im waiting.

10. GCP

GCP Rookie

Jan 18, 2009
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary C. Pennington
    I bought my car at MSRP about 2 months ago. And i was very greatful! What a great car. I didnt care what it cost. I had to have it! Just finished my second track day today with the car. No one could touch it. Street tires and all.

11. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Yep, those of us who own Scuderias understand how special this car is. Prices are still holding up even in a bad economy.

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wholesale prices are strong too and starting to creeping up.
    Replacement is a long way coming and the supplies are dwindling,especially with Summer approaching.
    What is currently available is the only game in town for quite a while....

13. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt
    i totally agree with you.....no car is worth more than the sum of it's parts.

this hyping of prices is what got the economy where it is now......

14. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    We all know how special the Scud is...........Prices are NOT holding up here in Los Angeles at all. I've had the opportunity to get an extremely low mileage
    Scud for WAY lower than MSRP not to mention that the car was purchased for close to 400K when new.

15. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK

McLaren F1?

16. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If they are going to go for 200k in 2010, I'm grabbing one. May very well happen. Might not be an apples to apples comparison, but there is an 08 Lambo LP 640 in ferrariads for 275k, original msrp 425k, with only 600 miles. That's depreciation!!

17. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    That's Lamborghini!

I don't think a single recent Lambo model has held its value ten seconds after it is driven off the dealer's lot.
    It's not that they are bad cars, but it is a brand with a lot of very iffy history and consequently not much in the way of consistency.

18. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt
    we're not comparing scuds to mclaren F1's now are we ?

19. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    But you said:

20. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt
    and it still stands.....but what's that got to do with scud/mclaren ??

is a mclaren worth what they command...in my view...hell no. next generation of sports cars will give you the same perfomance at a fraction.
    just as a 997 tt gives you 959 performance or a scud giving f40 levels of fun.

21. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Sold my Scud 4 mos. ago - not because it's not a great car but realized that Ferrari was over-producing them. The result? Massive depreciation that I did not want to put up with. Figured better to sell and re-buy for about $100K tto $125K less in a few years.
    My hunch was confirmed today after meeting up with one of my local car buddies this weekend. He took delivery of the 1st Scud sold thru our local dealer nearly one year ago. For personal reasons he decided recently to sell his car. Guess what? After sending feelers throughout the country, NOBODY wanted the car! No dealers or wholesalers want a nearly new Scud to re-sell, unless you practically give it away. My guess is that wholesale for low mileage Scuds is now $60k to $75K below MSRP, and falling.
    So my advice is, as a former owner of this admittedly fine car, is buy only if you are comfortable in the knowledge that the car cannot be easily re-sold to anyone, including your local dealer, for anything more than a serious haircut. Imagine buying a new 456MGT 5 years ago @ MSRP, and selling it now - that's the kind of hit I'm talking about.
    Personally, I look foward to purchasing another a few years down the line, after the dust has settled. Best.

22. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    FoW has a black on black Scud for sale on the showroom with 46 miles for 296K. The also have an unclaimed Alfa 8C for about the same price. They also had a brand new 430 Challenge thats is available. The real treat there this weekend was the 250 GTO in the service area getting worked on.

23. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    W125 Rekordwagen? 5.5 litre, 736PS, 432.7kmh (268mph) on public roads. In 1938...

24. Woojer

Woojer Karting
    BANNED

Feb 23, 2009
    There are new Scuds sitting at dealerships. If a Dealer can't move it, they pick it up and send it to another where they announce to anyone who is stupid enough to listen how they will sell it a MSRP.

LOL!

With all the low mileage new Scuds at hyooge discounts to MSRP, only a dunce would buy a new one these days,

25. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Probably a very smart move. There are 7 Scuds available at local dealers (3 red, 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 silverstone, ). I think a good time to buy would be after the 450 debuts and starts delivery in about 12 months.