Fifth Gear's most favorite Ferrari of all time. | FerrariChat

Fifth Gear's most favorite Ferrari of all time.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by silvergts1998, Apr 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
  2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Old but good.

Quotable Vicki Butler: "I always thought the wheels looked a bit small."

3. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    That Vicki....and her accent..plus how she drives....yummy.

4. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1,000

I wanted to be in the passenger seat on her 328 drive.

5. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Just to be clear, the choice of the #1 Ferrari was not Fifth Gear's choice, it was the choice of the votes by their viewers. Actually, the hosts were displeased with the choice by the voters, but they had to stick with it because the TR got the most votes, and rightfully so!

6. daviddavid

daviddavid Formula Junior

May 17, 2005
  7. daviddavid

May 17, 2005
    Oh who cares, this thread is really about Vicki Butler Henderson :)

8. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Sorry, have to disagree, the accent yes, the rest, does nothing for me. I'll take the ferrari over her, hands down or up. :)

Off topic, but for the OP, how are the wildcat fans taking Calapari?

9. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I think well. Rick Pitino and Calapari...what else could you ask for?

10. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Did I watch a different video? Not only is she not attractive, she looks like a man.

11. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #11 Bullfighter, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  12. daviddavid

May 17, 2005
    That's not what I'm thinking. Mr. Bullfighter must be a man of great restraint with only the most honourable of intentions. :)

13. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    And who can argue with that?

The video may be from 2003, but it makes you wonder if the English voting public would really have changed their minds? With the 348, 355, 360, 456, 550 and Enzo to consider they still stuck with the best, so how would the Testarossa stack up against the 430, 575 and 599?

14. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP0QxdVI5tI&NR=1

LOL!

Now on a side note...I think the Testarossa is one of the well most known ferrari's out there due to Miami Vice that is seen world wide, but I would have to say it's not the greatest Ferrari ever made. (Don't kill me!). I think from my old school days it's the Ferrari f40. Ahhh! that thing is soo awesome and so expensive!

15. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Nice one, i'd just bought mine in 2003 when i saw this on F G. Was'nt expecting the Testa to win and TBH i think it was the only Ferrari that us Brits knew by name. When your not a Ferrari nut you dont know models by numbers but they've all heard the name Testarossa so i dont think it was so much the car but the name that got it to number 1.

16. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I have to agree with the presenters and find this result very disappointing. Greatest Ferrari ever? Come on! I'm not a Testarossa fan, but if I was, I would still not vote for it as the greatest Ferrari of all time. How can you compare that car with a 250GTO, F40, 250SWB, 250GT/L, 275GTB, 288GTO, 365GTB/4, F50, 166MM etc, etc... There is no history associated with the TR except a moderately amusing 80ies American TV Series. Hardly the stuff of legends. People that vote for this car just don't know anything about the history of Ferrari.

Onno

17. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So she's still married. :mad: :(

In defense of the TR legions here, we almost never see any of those other cars. The survey was for viewers' "favourite" Ferrari. Yes, a 250 GT SWB is more important and better looking, but it's a museum piece.

But more importantly, modern car design is so timid that I actually find the TR better looking now than I did in '86. I don't think it's as classically pretty as a 328: it lacks the balance and flow of that car. But it's more outrageous. We don't have cars like the TR (or Countach and Diablo) anymore. The 599 looks like middle-aged executive transport, and the Murci and Gallardo look nice to me -- not naughty.

I think the black/black 512 TR that AHudson just bought is probably one of the coolest cars on the road right now. (Not the greatest Ferrari ever, but I can see why the Brits voted it up to the top.)

18. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
  19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

"moderately amusing 80's American TV series" ?!....just watch yourself there..... or I'll chase you down with my white linen suit and Italian shoes...no socks. :D

Pretty is for girls. A Ferrari should be outrageous and over the top. That's why I drive a TR and my even more over the top Diablo VT Roadster.

Everyone seems to forget how influential the Testarossa was back in the 80's. It was the fastest, most exotic car of it's time. ( Countach was not new, so doesn't count) It burst on the scene like an earthquake and with it's association with the hottest TV show of the time set the tone for design & style for the rest of the 80's.

I tell you, the TR is making a comeback. With all the cars looking like jelly beans including Ferrari and Lamborghini, even a boxer guy like A Hudson has done a grudging double take.

....it's only a matter of time for you Bullfighter. :D

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

20. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #20 silvergts1998, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    I agree with the guy up above me who is stuck in the 80's. I am too!

Infact a customer's car I worked on I had to do a video of his install. LOL!

http://www.vimeo.com/3428628

21. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

22. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #22 redtrman, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    Lets just say some long time ferrari persons saw my TR and the first words out of their mouths, "man, looking at your TR, we want to go out and buy one right now, how much did you pay for it?"

To each their own, but the only other fcar that gets me going is the F40. Sure, there are plenty of beautiful fcars, but the TR and F40 bring chills to the bones everytime I see or hear one, even when I walk into the garage everyday.

23. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    100% right about the F40 Same feelings shared and as for the newer "jelly bean" shaped cars, they do nothing for me. I'm sure they are far more technologically advanced and probably faster but for me there's more to it than that and judging by the voting public's response, I'm not alone.

24. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    #24 AHudson, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Quit maligning my non-existent character! Okay Sham-Wow, you asked for it, so here's my opinion -

The TR is a flamboyant, overt, crazy design that'll never be mistaken for another car. And sure, it'll always have its detractors and fans. In time, I think the detractors will wane somewhat. I am living proof of that. To draw an extreme, the TRs are to their period what the BAT Alfas were to theirs.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. There, I said it. I know mine is the later and reputedly improved version, but the reaction to the STYLING alone has been remarkable. I darn near emptied the O'Reilly's auto parts yesterday when I went looking for a hood strut. They were fans too - as best I could tell - instead of "what kind of prick is that guy?" like I've occasionally perceived in other exotics.

I ENJOYED telling them it was 15 years old, though the design was in fact 24 years old. "Wows" all around.

I guess if the car breaks big and/or often, the romance will be tarnished some. I truly, truly, hope not. As it drives and runs and looks now, I'm seeing the charms.

25. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I don't find that a very good argument as you hardly ever see a TR on the road either. And besides, look at the other cars in the list. The P3/4 was placed 9th. The 250 California was 8th. The 250 GTO was 7th. The Daytona was 5th. The F40 was 4th. The 250LM was 3rd. All museum pieces, really.

But anyway - the people hath spoken.

Onno