Fader (or speakers) don't work on F430 | FerrariChat

Fader (or speakers) don't work on F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by cyclisto, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyclisto

cyclisto Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Utopia
    Full Name:
    Sy Kleesteau
    I just noticed that the 2 speakers behind and in between the seats do not work. Tried to use the fader to see if that works, but no luck. Took the car to 2 diff car stereo shops and they won't touch it, "because it's a Ferrari." Hahahaha.

Any help is appreciated!

2. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I didnt know a stereo shop could do that? Liability I assume? Best of luck with the problem.

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    There is no "fader" usage in the Ferrari's.

The unit between the seats is Ferrari's ridiculous answer to a subwoofer.

If it's not working, the plug is not engaged of the driver w/in the unit has gone bad.

If the car is under warranty Ferrari should fix it.

If not the "cabinet" unit has to be removed and checked or the driver has to be changed out.

4. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    FYI, there are not 2 rear speakers, 1 is an active speaker, the other is passive for air movement. If you want to retain the "stock" look, as I did in my cars, keep the factory head unit, get a small amp and hide it under the dash or in the trunk, and replace the pitiful excuse for speakers with something better like Alpine or Morel. I have done the same thing with my Scud and my CS and you would visually never be able to tell.