Looking for a 575 | FerrariChat

Looking for a 575

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by wolfturbo, Apr 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Greetings to All,

I need back into the Ferrari club after selling my 550 and my Stradale.

I'm starting my search and thought I'd start a thread to see if anybody has any off the beaten path cars to bring to my attention. In a nutshell, here are my wants:

prefer a gated 6-speed, but an F1 will do
    prefer red, TDF, Pozzi, fiorano red, barchetta red. No silver, yellow, black. Will do titanium.
    light interior a plus
    Strongly prefer FHP, shields, leather shelf, modular wheels
    Other options a bonus: carbon fiber, NAV, hi fi, etc.

Looking for a relatively low mileage car. Must be a no stories car - i.e. no accident repair, paintwork, Euro cars, etc.

Damn, is that a tall order or what?!?!?!?

Now for the tough part: I am pretty much a wholesale buyer. I run an investment firm in my day job and have many clients in the auto industry. The market for high end luxury goods has ground to a HALT. Many of the asking prices I see today are out of touch with the current economic reality and the impact it has had on discretionary goods, including even our beloved Ferraris. The good news is that I am a cash buyer who can move on a day's notice.

Please feel free to post any leads or PM me directly. Thanks in advance to all! Best regards.

Rob

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    for all the talk of the demise of the high end market, sure are a whole bunch of 575 shoppers all looking for the same optioned car..........

good luck to you. if something pops up your likely see it mentioned here.

3. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Rob, I was just doing some searching myself and I found this car at an attractive price. I have no affiliation with the seller.
    It's a nice '02 575 F1 with only 6k miles in red/tan for $103,000. It's at Select Luxury Cars in Marietta, GA. They sell a lot on ebay and have a 100% feedback rating. The guy I was talking to is Brent Calvert. He said he has "a little" wiggle room on price. Brent seems pretty nice on the phone. Their number is 800-283-7224. Web site is www.selectluxury.com.

The ebay link is:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-OWNER-6KMLS-5KMLS-SERVICE-COMPLETED-F1-RIGHT-ONE_W0QQitemZ350187737853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item350187737853&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

4. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    My bad Brian! I should have mentioned that Daytona seats are a must! That car in Atlanta needs a little more pizazz. Remember, I said I'm picky!!!

5. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    That's fair.
    Of course you could just take a sharpie to them! :)

6. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
    Went thru a similar search myself with a similar attitude. In the end I found the car but didn't get a screaming deal. With 599s on dealer's chests and discounts abound, more 575s should come around soon.

Gated cars worth looking at are:
    Red/Black 04 at Ferrari of LI - no FHP but fully appointed interior, full service history and immaculate condition.
    Silver/Black 03 at Beverly Hills Classic Cars - yes you said no silver but this is a nice one and has been there a while.
    Ti/Black 04 at Ferrari of New England - boring colors but has FHP.
    Red/Biege 04 listed in Ferrari market letter - no FHP and guy seems high on price but your preferred color combo.

As for trying to get one at a price more inline with what we see in the investment markets, you may be holding the bag for a while. Don't forget most of these cars are in the hands of relatively money insensitive sellers. I mentally marked mine down 35% when I bought it but its not for sale there - its for sale up 35%. You'll have more luck with dealers over private sellers but even some of the dealers are sticky. I'm sure the dealer I bid on a car above wishes he hit it, but it took him 30 days to realize it was the right price and I had moved on.

If you're willing to go F1 tranny, then look at 2002s as they're trading under 100k and sub 90k in some cases. FHP is an easy add and as Taz would say - you could do it part by part as necessary.

7. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #7 laudaman, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    Hey Rob have you taken a look at the Red/Black HGTC Taz is talking about? If I were you, I would take a look into that. Although, that goes against your order! :)

Otherwise, good luck. I however, think the 550/575 needs Black interior! :) Why did you sell the Stradale? Now THAT'S a car!

Chris

8. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rob- It only costs about $1500 or less to add Daytona inserts to a 575M. Do not sweat the small stuff, and leather is small stuff. Go for the big stuff, like CF, 19" wheels, HGTC (19" included), and other things, which cannot be duplicated for a reasonable price (spare tire, etc). You can have the entire interior of a 575M changed to any color for ~$5000 at a really good shop, as long as the dash is black, which most are.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

10. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Gabriel,

That red dash doesn't work for me, butthey have a nice NART blue car that I will look into.

BTW, thanks to all of you for the leads and word of wisdom.

I know I sound like a fickle little high school girl, but you all know how it is. You get fixated on the elusive perfect car, but eventually have to settle for the one that checks the most of your boxes. Keep those leads coming!!!!

Rob

11. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Exactly. Concentrate on the big issues. You can fill in the rest. Don't be afraid to lowball. I'm not sure why some of these sellers post the figures they do. Just hopeful, I assume. However, don't be afraid to spend a little more if you find exactly what you want. There just aren't that many units on the market to be so choosey. Ask me how I know.

12. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #12 308 GTB, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Rob - I'd love to hear you elaborate on that because I am in the 575 hunt myself (now in Dallas looking at a gated 575 in colors you would not like) and wondering where the real numbers are. The Bid/Ask spread is crazy. A $40k gap in some cases. I know for a fact of a half dozen clean 575s going in the $90ks and even $80ks in the last few weeks but try convincing some sellers of that fact.

So, what's wholesale to you?

ketel

14. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Ketel,

PM sent

15. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    Rob,
    there are two nice 575s in my neighborhood TDF/tan both with blue piping and one of the with blue daytona inserts super nice.
    Formula One in Miami - if you like it speak to Jaime Sr he is the owner .. super nice guy .. loves racing and great for PPI they are 2 blocks away from the collection

http://formula-1-sport-cars.ebizautos.com/detail-2003-ferrari-575-maranello-3960248.html

Also another one in Naples ... like I said before I don't know those guys but they sure have some nice cars. !
    Good luck and I hope you find the right one.

16. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Damn Gabriel, you're keeping the nice leads flowing! I'm going to need to put you on my payroll pretty soon!

The Pozzi blue car in Miami is nice and has some eyeball, but they want $117K. Wildly overpriced in my opinion, given that is has no modular wheels, no FHP, no carbon fiber, NAV, hi-fi etc.

I may talk further with them but I have seen nicer cars with less miles for sub $100K.

Keep those leads flowing boys!!!!!

Rob

17. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    the one in Naples Motorsports looks nicer .. did you look at that one ? modular wheels and a nicer interior .. the hardest part now a days is I believe the prices.
    They are all over the place.. from 90 to 140 huge gaps !!