MASSA Interview April 16, 2009 | FerrariChat

MASSA Interview April 16, 2009

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Apr 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    from Autosport

Felipe Massa says it is not too late for Ferrari to compete for this year's world championships, but accepts that the team has a 'lot of work' to do following the International Court of Appeal's decision to allow the continued use of 'double-decker' diffusers.

Ferrari has suffered its least most competitive start to a season since 1992, and the team has accepted that it must develop a diffuser similar to those used by Brawn GP, Williams and Toyota if it is to fight for race wins in 2009.

"For sure it won't be easy," said Massa in China. "We need to work very hard, we have some teams which have a different car. It won't be so easy to catch them but I think it can be possible.

"I hope it won't be so late. I hope it will be in good time to fight for the championship still or to win some races. But anyway we will not give up. We work very hard and I believe we can improve the car a lot."

Massa added that the recent Ferrari restructure, which has seen Chris Dyer promoted to team manager and Luca Baldisserri moved to a factory-based role tasked with co-ordinating efforts between the race squad and Maranello, was brought about by its need to fast-track developments on the F60.

"Well now with the diffuser is another reason to push very hard at home, to try to anticipate our new parts, and to try to anticipate the diffuser which is a way to improve the car in a big way," explained the Brazilian. "So that's why we changed our organisation a little bit.

"We need more pushing at home, we need also a good organisation on the track, that was the decision.

"The reaction (to the diffuser ruling) is that we need to try to work very hard to anticipate our floor, to try to bring as quick as possible. It won't be easy because it is hard work to do. But the reaction is that we need to work as quickly as possible to improve the car."

Despite his point-less start to the season, Massa said his motivation was as high as ever and that he was determined to help Ferrari get its season back on track.

"The motivation is still there," he said. "The motivation to improve the car, to work very hard together with the team to make the car grow as quick as possible and the motivation to score points and so... I am still motivated to start a better championship."

2. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Massa is nothing but a corporate Field Mouse. He regurgitates the same standard gung-ho answers every single time. His interviews make me want to vomit.

3. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What do you expect? What do you want him to say, "yeah, we really screwed up this year so we're throwing in the towel after 2 races..."

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Interesting. Gotta disagree with you. Interviews I have read suggest that Massa is very honest and to the point about the situation. The fact that he takes an positive approach, and continues to be positive, should not be used against him. Frankly, I am impressed with his attitude. He and his family have been praised by the likes of Jackie Stewart for the way they handled the disappointment last year in Brazil.

I find Massa's attitude in the light of the hole the team has put themselves in to be terrific.

Too bad his teammate is not the same.

5. Spotcheckbilly

Spotcheckbilly Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Peachtree City, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Scott
    He sure used an awful lots of words there to say absolutely nothing.
    Isn't every team working as hard as possible, as quickly as possible, to improve their car?
    That is what F1 teams normally do, isn't it?

Scott

6. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    there you go again... same ol' same ol'.."massa is the team player, his teammate is not" "massa has the passion, his teammate doesn't"... blah, blah, blah...just another stupid and pointless puke of PR bullsht...another predictable waste of space... you applaud him for his attitude? are you kidding me? if he really said what he's really thinking..it would be along these lines..."oh sht, we are up sht's creek without a paddle at the moment...by the time we get our car up to snuff, it'll be too late...we were really really really really hoping the appeal would go our way, but it didn't so now we're screeeeeewd!". Massa pulls the same 'team' crap in interviews, as Ferrari wants him to do. Yet, when Hami does it, he gets slammed for spouting the McLaren PR biz... gimme a break...

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Your interpretation sucks.

If you followed his interviews/quotes, you would know that since the last race he has been very critical of what is happening at the Scuderia.

Yes, I applaud him for his attitude. What would you rather have him say? Have you considered that he really believes what he says, or do you also read minds? If he were my driver, I would hope at a time when we were faced with challenges, that my driver(s) remained positive. Have you also considered that Massa has a much better grip of Ferrari's status at this time then you do? If a driver took the attitude that you have, they might as well give up.

I have no idea what you are talking about concerning Hamilton's interviews. Enlighten me, please. Possibly you intended to be on a McLaren chat site??

8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I bet that if Massa would have said negative things instead he would still get bashed on here.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yeah, it is so much better having your $50m man saying i dont give a ****, i was taking a ****.

10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Spot on.

11. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    It is when he has given the team a WDC. His lesser paid teammate hasn't been able to do that. I guess you really do get what you pay for. :D

Like Massa, Kimi also always speaks his mind...except what Kimi says is to the point and not "PR rambling" about what he thinks the team wants him to say and what would make the team happy. ;)