Tonight was insane.. | FerrariChat

Tonight was insane..

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by laudaman, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #1 laudaman, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tonight was pretty dull around my house for a Saturday night. I decided to pack up the camera and take a quick drive down to Birmingham to see if I could catch anything. There were hundreds of muscle cars roaming the streets of Birmingham, and I was greeted with an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. As I got into the heart of the city, something caught the corner of my eye. There sat a brand-new Ferrari F430 Scuderia, painted in a glistening Rosso Scuderia with silver stripes. I made a mad dash for a parking spot in hopes that it was still there. I quickly grabbed my camera and jumped out. There it sat all alone, and a block away the streets were packed. I got about 20 shots of it when a younger gentlemen and woman approached. He asked if I liked it and asked if I had ever seen one. I replied "Yeah, in Beverly Hills." He casually walked up and unlocked the Scud. My jaw dropped. He popped the decklid and opened the doors. He told a little about the car, and I continued to snap pictures. "How long have you had it?" I asked. He looked at me with a grin and replied "two days." He said he just turned in his 2008 Scuderia to Cauley in exchange for this. By then the worker and his son from the carpet shop across street were looking at it too. He and his wife proceeded to get in. The start-up was surprisingly quiet! I thanked them and they began to back up. My camera is still new to me, and I couldnt get the damn video to record! I was pressing the wrong button. He tore down the steet and got onto Woodward Ave. I was infuriated that I didnt get the video. It was an awesome night, and if the owner is on here, I want to thank you for your kindness and compassion.

I then walked down that same block and found a Red with White stripes Ford GT sitting in front of a restaraunt. Got some good shots of that too.

I really hope the owner of the Scud is on here or joins. You made my night!

Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #2 laudaman, Apr 18, 2009
  3. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Nice spot, did you tell him about F-chat?

QUIET what were you expecting?????

Great pics.

4. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    sweet! i bet it can get loud quickly though

5. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #5 laudaman, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
    Lol James. I didnt really get much time to talk to him, just a few quick questions about the car. Very quickly, others began to crowd around. And I was expecting a orchestra to the ears when he started it! :)

Chris

6. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When he took off down Woodward I thought there was going to be a car accident. It was the greatest sound in the world. He knew how to drive her too ;)

Chris

7. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    :) I think I should have said: Do you know if he was an F-chatter? :)

More Pics. What kind of camera did you get.

8. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #8 laudaman, Apr 18, 2009
    Lol :) Sorry James. I have no clue if he is an FChatter. He mentioned he had an 08' Scud that he traded into Cauley 2 days ago for this 09'. I dont know of any of our local FChatters with a Scuderia. He was a really friendly and down to earth guy. And you could tell he knew how to drive ;) Would love to get him on here.

I now use a Canon PowerShot G10. 14.7MP and pretty small. I love it, gets the job done.

And more pics upon your request:

9. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    Is the owner in the pic? btw this is benzlover from C-P

10. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Haha hey :) And yeah, the lucky owner is the one in the green shirt.

11. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    I'm still waiting to see my first Scud and how many are in Michigan?

12. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not many. I know Cauley has a Giallo Modena 16M, and another Giallo Scuderia without stripes. I know of those two, this, and Ken's. Im sure there are a few more than 4 though.

Chris

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I too was in B'ham last night for dinner . Everyone seemed to have their cars out . Saw the Ford GT and an Audi R8 , but missed the Scud . Up and down Woodward was every kind of car imaginable . I think eveyone was chomping at the bit to get their cars out after thie winter that would never end !

14. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow John. I have no clue how I could miss a yellow F430 Spider. I didnt see the R8 either. I only stayed for about 30 minutes. I hope to see you and your Spider soon! :)

Chris

15. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    #15 Veedub00, Apr 19, 2009
    I saw the Scuderia at Kona on Saturday. I was driving down livernois and had to flip a U turn after just getting a glimpse of it as I passed. Here is possibly the worst drive by shot ever, but you can see the scud at the far end.

16. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    Awesome spot!

Its pretty rare to see that nice of cars at Kona, especially a Lamborghini and Ferrari at the same time! Its also hard to get good pics of cars that are there since they block off that whole area.