Maserati or Ferrari purchase help! Maintenance Costs? | FerrariChat

Maserati or Ferrari purchase help! Maintenance Costs?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by vivalapasta, Apr 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vivalapasta

vivalapasta Rookie

Apr 24, 2009
    las vegas
    Hello all. I'm in the market and my plan until recently was to get the Maser GT auto for daily use, and a Lotus Elise for fun/track days. I was dissuaded from purchasing an F430 because of maintenance costs and the obvious price difference between it and the Lotus. (Not to mention the money being spent on the Maser).

But now I'm thinking perhaps I should get the F430 and not get the Maser at all, seeing as how I do have a different car as a daily driver. This decision will be based on maintenance and associated costs. (I know what I'm spending on the F430 and it may be... strange of me to spend that kind of money and then worry about maintenance costs)... But I'm a no frills type of guy and it just irks me to hear of the exorbitant costs for upkeep on Ferrari's.

So if anyone can help me to determine the difference in maintenance costs between the Maser and Ferrari; It would help me greatly in making my decision.

All opinions welcome also!

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think you've anwered your own question. Sounds like a bad marriage. Just wait until you smack one at the track.

Don't know about the Lotus upkeep but they seem pretty fun at the track.

A nice used Z05 is another option. I see a lot of them at the track Low maintenance by comparison but a very different animal. Tons of proven aftermarket improvements available. Easy resale.

There are a lot of good cars for the track with much lower operating costs and where I live they're all welcomed at Ferrari organized track events. Keep researching and attend some track events too.

Have fun.

Bob S.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    There is little diffence between the cost to maintain a Maserati GT and a VW I have owned 3 Maseratis since 03, and they are not much trouble at all.

4. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    ..INMHO, you shouldn't even be thinking about buying a Maserati or a Ferrari if the costs of regular maintence are an issue. Or buy one drive it into the ground and sell it.